“Add To Playlist”

For some reason I seem to be missing the option the “add to playlist”. For my songs I have in iTunes/Music on MacBook Pro.

I have the “add to playlist” option for Tidal songs but not my ripped music stored on my hard drive.

Is it possible to add the songs to a playlist I created in the my collection tab?

Hi @Brandon_Akins, that’s very weird. Are you running the latest version of djay Pro AI on your Mac? Also, what macOS version are you using?

I was using the latest version and Ventura.

Out of frustration I uninstalled and reinstalled Djay, and also upgraded Mac OS to latest but problem still remains.

Hi @Brandon_Akins, this is very odd. I’ve shared this with the dev team to see if they have any suggestions. I’ll report back when I have more info.

Ok thank you so much! In the meantime I am able to “open via finder” in iTunes and then manually drop the file to a playlist in Djay from finder.

@Brandon_Akins,

1. I have checked with the engineering team and they have confirmed that “Add to Playlist” is only supported for streaming services. This is not supported for the Music/iTunes source as this is locked by Apple.
  2. Also, please note that “Add to Playlist” only allows adding to a playlist within the same source - you cannot use this to add add songs from say Beatport or Tidal to the My Collection source.
  3. If you would like to add songs to a playlist in My Collection you need to use the Split Library Mode and drag and drop the files from the music source into the My Collection Playlist (see below).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.