Airplay and Headphones for cueing songs

Here’s my story. I built a nice outdoor covered backyard with outdoor speakers and use Airplay for my app since my Onkyo receiver is inside my bedroom. Now, I want to use the Pioneer Dj DJJ 200 to mix when I play outside, however, I saw videos around the Audio Split where it comes out of my Iphone and one goes to the Headphones the output to a speaker? First off, just connect to one of my 4 speakers? And how does it output to Airplay? HELP!!!

With airplay it would be impossibile due to latency. Live mixing is a time precise job. In Automix mode however, it should work fine.
Anyway you can plug a cable directly in your receiver using the split cable.
It’ll work fine.
Regards

1 Like

Hi @Tigere, welcome to our community.

Unfortunately due to system limitations it’s technically not possible to combine AirPlay with other outputs on iOS. Additionally, as mentioned by @tchesco, AirPlay adds latency which makes it unsuitable for live mixing. I would also recommend trying to find a way to use cables to connect your amp/speakers.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing. I ended up purchasing 25’ of a 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Audio Stereo Cable and connecting them to my receiver and it worked. Understood the airplay latency and never again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.