AirPlay/Chromecast Video Output

I’m toying with video projection from djay Pro AI on MacBook Pro but I want to do it wireless via AirPlay or Chromecast to a compatible projector (so I don’t have to run long wires around a dance floor).

Is there a way to select a wireless method of sending video only from djay? I assume AirPlay/Chromecast is not built into djay and that these technologies are the only way to send djay video wireless.

I don’t want to mirror my Mac display because then the audience would see the djay interface. I only want to send the djay video mixing output.

I see in the upper right of the center Video interface on djay I can select multiple wired thunderbolt connections and this works fine of only showing the video mix. But this forces a wired connection I want to avoid.

I tried downloading a Chromecast compatible app called Airflow that can send video to devices. But this didn’t trigger any new abilities in output from djay.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Here’s the only method I can find to control output of video from djay. Select the little TV icon in the upper right of the center, mixed video display in the djay app interface.

It only shows wired possibilities though. Are there any other ways?
Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 9.07.06 AM

Hi @CliffyPop,

Thank you for your post!

To answer your question, when djay is connected to a device that is Airplay compatible, the djay interface will not be casted. Only the main screen out will be casted to the device.

Please note that in doing so, you will need to re-route your audio settings in order to not have the audio be played from the device you are outputting the video from.

I hope this information is helpful, and if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to reach back out to us. Have a great day!

1 Like

Ugh, thanks. It’s so obvious now. Thank you!

On m Mac, I have to:

1. Goto System Prefs > Displays
  2. Select Add Display drop menu and choose an AirPlay device (like Apple TV)
  3. Select Display Settings button and set the AirPlay device as Extended display
  4. Finally, select the AirPlay device in djay’s Choose Screen drop menu (as seen screenshot submitted above)
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.