American Audio VMS2 Midi Mapping

I think you’re right and that the VMS 2 routes the channels differently. I just read the manual and saw that you’re supposed to change the audio routing. they call it “Audio Interface Mode”. It looks like you need special software to do that. Please kindly contact American Audio support to ask how you can change the audio routing on a Mac.

I’ve been having the same problem for some time now. The plates are in something of a hyper-active mode: on “Scratch” and "Jog Wheel"setting they only go forward at an insane pace (the whole song cleared by just nudging the wheel) and on scrub mode they are a little less sensitive -though still so sensitive that they are no use.

Would anybody to point out what I’m doing wrong? I’ve tried the method described above but I just can’t seem to get 'em right.

Could someone post their VMS2 mapping, or point me to a document in here or online? Having some struggles :frowning: Thanks!

Any luck on VMS 2 mapping?

Hi chptrk, did you ever get anywhere with mapping the VMS2 with djay?

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for something similar to the VMS2 that will work with Djay Pro? Does the VMS4.1 and VMS5 have the same issues as the VMS2?

I just really like the simplicity of the VMS2, and the layout of the buttons. Others that I have been considering are the Pioneer DDJ-SR.

Open to suggestions!

Thanks!
Brad

Thanks chptrk!

This will work well with the Djay Pro app???

• Brad

Sweet! I will check it out!
couple quick Q’s…
1: Did you have to map anything or did she work right outa the box?
2: any weird quirks like lights not working, or audio being limited to one channel?

Thanks for your reply!

• Brad

Thank you so much for your replies! It looks great!
Do you have a case that matches up nice with it as well?

• Brad