analyse root folders

Would it be possible to enable the ability to analyse root folders rather than individual sub folders please. For example a root folder for dance music. Analysis of that would analyse everything within that root folder, all the folders within it

Hey @Steve_Wright ,

Thanks for posting this here in the Community as a suggestion!

Nice one, our Dev Team has been looking into this. I will keep you posted with any updates!

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. That’s good news

1 Like

Still not possible?

I’m very surprised by this limitation. The software seems designed to only work with existing databases (i.e. iTunes) but not capable of creating one from scratch.

To analyse all my music, I need to manually navigate to each folder on my system, let it read the tags then analyse from the drop down (which I struggled to find). Even after analysing all folders individually, I cannot perform a global search. It only searches the selected folder.

Please Algoriddim team, you need to look at how other DJ software creates a database from a user’s own file/folder structure.

We need the ability to point DJay to a folder and have it analyse ALL tracks within that folder AND ANY SUBFOLDERS, and create a database that shows the contents of ALL folders at once, & performs a search of the ENTIRE collection (including the sub folders).

I’m using DJay on Windows and also iOS.

This is standard operation on other DJ software!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.