Android app has latency/lag issues

Hello,

I am using the newest fire tablet hd 10 and put djay on it. I have the full paid version. I noticed when playing music and cuing the next song I couldn’t get it to drop on the beat due to the app not playing right when I tapped the cue/cue point button. Same thing when using the Hercules djcontrol midi mixer. Any hell would be really appreciated.

Hi @Djslimz,

Welcome to the Community and thanks bringing this to our attention. It sounds like the latency/lag issue you’ve described happens when connected to the Hercules controller but also when not connected, is that right? Could you please tell me the following:

1. Does this happen with only one type of music source, such as only with streaming music, or does it happen with locally stored tracks as well?
  2. Does this happen all the time, or just some of the time?
  3. If you’re able to reproduce the issue, could you please record a video of this occurring and drop it here? Just let me know when you’ve done so, and then I can further troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Emily,

It happens with both streaming and locally stored tracks.
It happens all the time.
I will send a video of it in a min.

Any update? Its been over a week since I have heard anything from you guys.

Thanks for checking in about this. Did you upload a video for us to be able to take a closer look at the issue you’ve described? I didn’t see anything come in in the folder I shared the link for. Could you please go ahead and share one here?

This will allow us to fully understand the issue, and then our team can try to reproduce the issue to be able to find a solution. Thanks in advance, and hope to hear from you again soon.

I did upload the video… I just did it again.

Thanks a lot for uploading it again! Sorry for any inconvenience, but we’ve got it now. =)

That clearly shows the issue you’ve encountered, and I’ve informed our team for further investigation. As you said you in your video that it works as expected on your cell phone, could you please share the following information:

1. What model cell phone are you using?
  2. What djay version are you using on both your phone and your tablet (you can find this by opening the settings in djay, and scrolling to the bottom)?
  3. Which OS version is running on both your phone and your tablet?

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

1- cell phone is Galaxy s21 ultra
2- both running 3.0.14
3- tablet is on android 9 and phone is on android 12

1 Like

Thanks for the information! I’ll keep you posted here with any updates from our team.

Any updates? Its been over a week.

Thanks for checking in about this. I’ve heard back from our Dev Team, and it would be really helpful if you could provide the following information:

1. Could you please confirm if the latency/lag issues you showed in your video also occur without using the DJControl Mix controller? Or does it only happen when the controller is connected to your tablet?
  2. Just to determine if this is a Bluetooth-related issue, are you able to connect the controller to your tablet using a USB connection? If so, could you please try that and let me know if you still experience the issue?

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

The latency/lag does happen without the bluetooth controller as well. The controller can only be connected via bluetooth.

Thanks for that info about the latency/lag happening without the controller connected as well. If possible, could you please share a second video without the controller connected to your tablet showing this behavior in djay? Just drop it here , and please let me know when you’ve done so. This will help our developers to better track down what exactly might be causing the issue.

While you’re correct that the controller should be easily connected via Bluetooth, you could connect via cable with the appropriate adapter or hub. If that’s not a possibility, no worries. It was just a suggestion for one trouble-shooting step from our development team to determine if using a cabled connection made a difference in this particular setup.

Thanks again for your help troubleshooting this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.