Android crashing mid set

Hi guys.

New member here. Love the Djay software but no matter what i try the software always crashes mid set. Massive pain when trying to record and it just shuts down and i have to load it again. Using a samsung s21 with latest software installed.

Did anyone find a solution for this?

Contemplating buying an ipad purely because i know DJay was built using IOS

Massively appreciate any of your help as the support team isnt replying to my emails

Regards p19ast

Hi @P19ast,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

We’re incredibly glad to hear that you enjoy djay but apologize for what you’ve currently been experiencing.

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. Which version of Android is running on your device?
  2. Are you using an external controller with your device?
  3. Are these crashes easily reproducible or do they only happen at random?
  4. Do you have other processes or apps running in the background while you are using djay?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

I use djay all the time for hours on end on my Galaxy Note 10 plus and Tab S7 plus and I can’t ever remember the app crashing. It litterally works flawlessly in that respect so I’m not sure why you are experiencing so many crashes.

Only thing I can think of is if you do some maintenance to your phone, i.e delete unused apps, close apps running in the background, use your file manager to go through all your files and delete as much unwanted stuff that you can.

I would also connect your phone to a power supply whilst running djay just to make sure that the processors have enough power but having said that, I’m fairly sure djay doesn’t use that much processing power. I have tested the app with an overlay that shows ram/cpu usage etc and everything was fairly low.