šŸ“£ ANNOUNCEMENT: djay v5.1.5 macOS/iOS/Android, v5.1.8144.0 Windows [Changelog]

This is a master tempo update I hope.

Havenā€™t had a chance to check it out yet because Iā€™m working.

If itā€™s not, I hope thatā€™s next cuz thatā€™s really what Iā€™m hoping for:)

1 Like

Hello everyone, weā€™ve discovered a bug with mp3 files loaded via ā€œLocal Musicā€ not loading properly in djay 5.1.5 for iOS. The engineering team has identified the issue and is already working on a fix. In the meantime, if you have an important gig coming up and rely on local music mp3 files, please hold off on updating to 5.1.5. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

1 Like

I had an iPad backup so tried to restore from that backup but now my iPad is trying to download the latest version from App Store, not using my backup. Is there anyway that you guys can only make 5.1.4 available otherwise Iā€™m stuck with 5.1.5 and canā€™t do anything with it.

Turn off automatic updates in your iOS settings.

1 Like

they are. Iā€™ll try and explain again. I had a backup on my Mac so I restored my iPad from my backup, but for some reason my iPad isnā€™t loading djay app from my Mac is will only download from App Store.

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to make 5.1.4 available for download. The only option to rollback to a previous version is via a full system backup. Not sure what happened with your backup or how to fix it. Sorry.

1 Like

I am chatting with apple now about the backup. To be honest, this could be a good thing because in future if I had a gig tonight and had backed up, I still would not be able to get back to the version before so Iā€™m working it out now when itā€™s not an emergency.

5 Likes

Perfect. I was going to suggest that you contact Apple
Support regarding the backup.

Hello again everyone. Weā€™ve submitted a 5.1.6 update for iOS only and requested an expedited review, which hopefully means the update will go live within the next couple of hours (it will be released automatically once it was approved). Thanks!

4 Likes

they are not v helpful. having difficultly trying to find out if the old version of the app is part of the backup.

great news. a question though.

my chatting with apple support now, and they are saying this

ā€œChecking with the resources, the app data might have backed up to the computer, however we cannot assure with the data when you restore the app, to get the information and to get the previous version of the app you may requited to contact the app developer as apple has no access to check the previous version of third party apps.ā€

so how can we test an update safely if apple are saying this/?

Good question. I donā€™t know. Iā€™ve never had issues using this method in the past.

Iā€™ll report back to you when I found out more. This actually could be really helpful for everyone.

2 Likes

so. apple support told me this.

ā€œOkay, nope, sorry, third party apps are not saved, only the essential things that iCloud saves, for example documents, photos and moreā€

so, there is no way of testing an update on iOS and being able to go back to a previous version from a backup. that is very silly!!!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

djay for iOS v5.1.6 has just been released. Our engineers have fixed an error when loading certain files from the Local Music source.

Thank you all for your patience!

4 Likes

Is playlist editing available in Local Music?
Or is it only available in Apple Music?

1 Like

Great to see the speed of this fix release. Well done guys! Keep up the great work.

Ps. So so so happy Tidal is back with terms that seemingly make streaming for DJs a more permanent and viable option going forwards.

4 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback @Private_Repress. Always appreciated!

3 Likes

That does seem a little silly. Iā€™m an android user and i back djay up before I update manually (auto update switched off). If there is an issue, I uninstall the djay totally and then install djay from the backup file. Any new issues are then reverted.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: ā€œTitle could not be loadedā€ djay 5.1.3 & 5.1.5 on macOS