📣 ANNOUNCEMENT: New Windows version of DJay Pro on the way

With the introduction of Microsoft’s new Copilot+ PCs designed specifically for AI, we’re excited to announce a completely remastered version of 𝗱𝗷𝗮𝘆 𝗣𝗿𝗼 for Windows, optimized for the Arm64 architecture - coming soon!⁣

As a launch partner with Microsoft and Qualcomm, we’ve completely rebuilt and enhanced AI-based features including Neural Mix™, Fluid Beatgrid™, and more - all running at incredible speeds thanks to the powerful high performance Neural Processing Unit (NPU).⁣

Learn more: https://blogs.microsoft.com/…/20/introducing-copilot-pcs/

2 Likes

Fantastic. This will be great for Windows users. Plus a new device will be only starting at £999 which is cheaper than Macs with M chips. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

2 Likes

Only if they’re willing to buy a new PC that’s incompatible with existing software and drivers.

What about updating the existing Windows version, adding all the features that are currently missing? It’s not an impossible task - competing software can do those things already.

3 Likes

Thanks for listening to community as well, having CEO and development team sharing news with us.

3 Likes

You’re welcome @Dysfunk_DJ!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @PKtheDJ. I’ve passed this along to the dev team.

1 Like

This is very interesting, I guess that the NPU’s the key to all these new features. That seem to be the only difference in these new laptops as far as AI processing is concerned. Because I don’t think anyone will run a DJ software on a laptop without plugging it in. So, the gains of the Qualcomm chip battery life should not be a factor in this. As PKtheDJ said will this be only unlocked on the new Qualcomm chips with NPU? Or will older processors gain the same features, or they won’t get any of the new promise features at all?

I, for one, am perfectly fine with this Windows version being only available for the new ARM PCs/laptops… as anyone even remotely serious about DJ-ing should invest into one of these new laptops. I don’t have to, personally, but I will buy one later this year as well, as the battery life alone will be worth it (27 hours straight of video playback? yeah, I’ll take that, even if the real time performance is half of that, it would still be about 10x better than what my 2022 laptop performs like), let alone the performance bump and all.

1 Like

Exactly. If you want to take advantage of all neural mix has to offer then we need to upgrade. Battery life is insane as well

1 Like

Now that AMD and Intel have announced their AI base chips and laptops come around the same time frame, will this be the same for the NPU of AMD and Intel has well or is this just for snapdragon Elite/Plus devices only?

From Linus Tech Tips
djay Pro at 1:24 and 6:50 min

1 Like

Hi all, first post here, but longtime user of djay, on iOS, macOS and Windows.

I actually got my Surface Pro 11th gen with Snapdragon ARM processor today. The Windows Store version of djay Pro is obviously still x86 but runs reasonably well on first try.

I was wondering if there is some kind of beta access to ARM builds of djay Pro on Windows? If so, I’d love to test for you!

Best regards!

Hi @Vidness, thanks for the feedback. I have passed this onto the dev team for consideration.

1 Like