Another Tidal gripe - FX Stem configuration shouldn't get permanently reset

Got caught out by this last night. I have my 3 FX slots assigned to Drums, Melodic and Vocal on each of the 4 decks to emulate the ‘stem FX pads’ mode you get in other software.

I took a request at the bar and had to fall back on Tidal for that. A few tunes later all active decks are back on local music library - I hit my ‘vocal echo out’ only to discover the entire track disappears (along with me scrambling to figure out what just went wrong). Long story short - loading any Tidal track permanently resets ALL FX slots to ‘deck’ assignment.

I appreciate the Tidal stem restrictions thing is outside of Algoriddims’ control, but it would be nice if some time was spend on improving the user experience here. I occasionally use 4 deck mode and its going to be a PITA if I have to go and reconfigure 12 FX slots mid-gig every time I lean on Tidal for a tune.

Sounds like a bug (-> ticket) to me.

Hi @Rob_Grimes,

Really sorry to hear that you have experienced this behavior with djay as of late.

So that I can better assist you, could you please answer the following questions:

1. What Mac model are you using?
  2. What version of macOS are you running?
  3. Did this happen while using the latest version of djay?
  4. Have you encountered this issue as of late?

Additionally, I have moved your post to the #bug-reports category for community management purposes.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

Mac M1 Pro running Ventura 13.2.1 with DJay 5.0.4. I hadn’t experienced/noticed this until it caught me out.

Trying to reproduce today I’m not only seeing that the FX Stem assignment for the specific deck a Tidal track is loaded on to is immediately reset (permanently) to ‘Deck’ for FX assign. This happens every time so I assume its by design at the moment?

I checked my set list history and only have that single Tidal track outside of local music so how that configuration propagated to all the other decks is the mystery/bug.

In the meantime I can reserve deck 3 or 4 for Tidal playback so my primary deck FX configuration isn’t overwritten each time.

Hi @Rob_Grimes,

Thanks for sharing this additional feedback.

I’ve gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation and will report back once I have an update from them.

Thank you for your patience during this time. Have a nice day!