Any Mixon 4 owners here? Is it worth it? Do you like it?

Yes, I am using an Air 2, 128GB, ios 11.2 with a Numark IDJ Pro Controller…

Yeah, that was my initial reaction too after DigitalTips brought that out, a few times. Then I thought about it a little more and in the past year, I have had no one make any requests where I actually had to hook in a secondary device. I have thousands of songs and with Spotify access on my current controller, I haven’t used my IDJ Pro’s aux in’s…

The lack of tonal controls for the mic out is another thing though, as I use my mics ALOT. I have literally gone through like 3 or 4 sets of wireless mics in the past 3 years, they get that much use…

Again, can’t wait to see what you think of yours when you get it. I’m almost excited for you, lol.

Yeah man, no Bass/Treble control :frowning: That’s why I’m a little apprehensive since I use mics ALL the time…

Rogerfunky, I really liked the MCX8000, but had NO idea it worked off DJAY! Man, where have I been??? I played with it at guitar center for an hour (while giving store patrons a 30 minute impromptu show - lol). They had it hooked up to Serato and I just played around in there. I knew it worked with Engine and even downloaded engine to play around with on my PC last year. It was pretty bad then, Thanks for the info, I’ll look online and see if I can find vids of DJay working on the MCX8000 and other DJ’s setups therein…

If anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUgfl…
Might be an alternative for me…

That’s good news! In all the videos, they make it seem that PnT is only a Serato offering… I would love to see a vid from a “non paid professional or promoter” that goes through all the things we mobile DJ’s would like to utilize… Maybe I’ll have to try my hand at doing a vid when I finally upgrade…

Cant wait to see what you think…

Matt, any thoughts on the Mixon? How are you liking it? I might get one in two weeks…

Matt, awesome news man. I was a “little” concerned about that, but, like you, thought that in a serious pinch, I could always add one of my 2 small mixers to the setup, just to be safe. I guess I should do that anyways, since I really need to craft the microphone outs specifically to my clients that need them…unless the mic outs are decent that is. Thanks for checking in!

I like the setup!

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in Bro. Looks like I have my mind made up :slight_smile: I was just concerned that my move from my amateur ID Pro to the Mixon wouldn’t be a “professional” move, you know? I was thinking of shelling out thousands for other offerings, but I still like using DJay and am familiar with it like the back of my hand. I DO like that if I want to get my feet wet with a DJ Standard app, then I can always get a MacBook and run Serato!

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them greatly. Do you like your DDJ 1000???

Ordering my Mixon 4 next week and have decided to get a $50 3 channel mixer, one that has EQ’s for each channel (including the Mic) and also a Aux in. Sounds like the best solution for my application. If the Mixon goes down, I can easily hook up my iPad running DJ Pro on it, albeit a LITTLE difficult for me (personally) to full on mix with…but nevertheless, a decent backup…

That’s interesting about using the mic in, as others here were wondering if you could use that as a “backup” of sorts, or to add another device. I was thinking of just running the monitor out (RCA) to the Mixer and then run the mixer to my PA’s and Sub’s. Glad you like it and are gigging with it. I’m getting excited…

1 Like

Thanks all for the feedback in this thread. Sadly, I ended up picking up an impeccable custom Pioneer DDJ-SX for a few hundred bucks less than a new Mixon 4. I just couldn’t get over the lack of Mic EQs (or not having more than 1 mic channel) and the lack of line Ins. The DDJ-SX (while a little old, but tight and great sounding) has a full 4 channel mixer. The Mic ins can play off two channels. I personally have it set where channel 1 is for Mics, with full volume and eq controls and channel 4 is actually hooked up to my ipad running DJ, since Serato doesn’t have an automix mix feature and commonly need that for lounge/dinner times at all of my events.

I like to think I have the best of both worlds. I have a monster build quality Pioneer controller running Serato (which is CRAZY btw) and I still get to use my IPad running tried and true DJay Pro. I think that with the Controller and MacBook (used), I spent what I would have for a Mixon 4…well, slightly more.

It’s sad that there are so many posts about the Mixon’s quality control and I just can’t take a chance with so many events out of state lined up this year…

Way to go on the Roland. I’d love to see your setup some time!

Nice setup. :slight_smile: Hoping you get the next deck mapped soon! Thx for the pic. Will post mine as soon as the rest of my stuff comes in…

Here’s what I ended up doing to get the best of both worlds…Still rockin’ DJay (on channel 4) while being able to fully control my mics, like I really need to.

Thanks everyone for your input on this subject…

Mixon 4 works pretty well with Djay app and also with Serato. The advantage of Mixon is that you can plug and play also ipad and start enjoying mix.
You have a very similar controller from Pioneer, the DDJ SX2. Almost the same. A bit more expensive but both work on Djay and Serato based in plug and play. No worries. But in this case no Ipad support.
DDJ has a better look due to material utilization, as Reloop uses a bit more plastic and rubber (such as cue and start buttons). But Reloop quality is top.
I do not know when DDJ1000 will be mapped in Djay. I hope it will be soon since it looks like it will become a best seller.
Regarding Denon MCX8000, that is another superior “league”…It is much better that the two previous ones described, and so it is price, since it includes two mikes inputs with separate equalization. But you do not need to jump into Serato as this Denon controller is Djay certified, so again plug and play. Did you try it with Djay ?

There are many videos uploaded in Youtube. Even with mappings for iOS !!!