Apostrophe not searchable while in My Library tab on iPad

While I have the My Library tab button selected, the search will not populate results when I type an apostrophe. When I have the Tidal library tab button selected, typing an apostrophe brings back the expected results ok. I do not use iTunes/Music. Here is a video demonstrating the issue:

I am using DJay Pro AI version 3.5.9 on an iPad Pro 11” 2018 256 GB iOS ver. 13.7
Please let me know if this can be fixed. Thanks!

Hi DJ Supe,

It’s great to see you active in the community! I’d like to thank you for taking the time to record this video.

Please note, apostrophes (), single quotes ('), and accents ( ` and ´ ) are all handled differently when you search for songs in the djay Library. You can get these characters on the iOS keyboard by tapping and holding the single quote key.
In the video, at minute 0:52, I noticed that the song you are looking for actually has a single quote instead of an apostrophe. Could you please check if the issue persists by typing in the right character?

We are aware this can cause some confusion and we are working on possible fixes for this. We kindly ask for your patience. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello,

Thanks for that response. I am using a Magic Keyboard for the 2018 iPad 11” model. So holding the key on the screen does not work. I have tried different key combinations, switched from default to US hardware keyboard in the settings, tried both option keys, with and without shift, etc. As demonstrated in the video, you will see that the (`) key actually works located to the left of the (1) key found on most keyboards.

Let me know if this information helps.

Regards,
DJ Supe