Apple Music for djay pro

Wouldn’t that be a little backwards when you can’t even access local spotify files and spotify IS supported… unlike Apple Music.

You MAY want to browse Megaseg’s FAQ section on their legal policies.

"As far as music licensing goes, MegaSeg is simply a playback tool, similar to a CD player and mixer. Using iTunes you can transfer your CD’s to your computer and then import and play them in MegaSeg. Transferring your own CD’s to your hard drive is like making a backup copy of a software program. If you get rid of your original CD, you are required to delete the backup copy too.

Another example is when you make a mix CD of your favorite songs from your own CD’s to play in the car. It’s for your own use, and just the same, the sound files extracted from your CD’s are personal copies of the music you already own.

However, when it comes to public performance rights, each individual venue or station you perform at should be ASCAP and BMI licensed, which would cover the music you play from their catalogs. Some streaming providers also handle licensing via an “umbrella” plan, meaning all broadcasters that use the service are automatically licensed as long as you follow their streaming rules."

Does this sound like you are publicly allowed to do any of this without purchasing broadcasting licenses? With Pulselocker no such licenses are needed for commercial use…

The problem becomes the end users. Megaseg is a product marketed toward industry professionals who generally keep things legit by nature. Furthermore it is not very widely known. Djay pro is market heavily toward hobbyist/beginner dj’s and it becomes a matter of facilitating. Algorriddim has an excellent relationship with Apple (notice djay pro is Mac only and iOS only) yet they have still not added this simple feature so one may be inclined to conclude there may be an underlying reason for it all…:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do you plan to integrate AppleMusic in Djay Pro in the same way as Spotify?.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Apple Music integration on Djay Pro for mac?.

Hey, I would like to know if you have plans to update Djay Pro for mac in order to integrate it with apple music! Thanks!

Yes!!! I can’t wait to this new performance!!! I hope that happen soon!!!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When Djay running my Apple Music library???.

I want use Apple Music service the same form with Spotify under Djay.

Apple Music tracks are protected by DRM, so they’ll only open in iTunes and QuickTime. Apple Music integration will probably never happen in Djay.

MegaSeg works with Apple Music (it’s advertised to work with purchased DRM and FairPlay songs, and sure enough it works with Apple Music FairPlay 2.0). So how do they implement it?

So why is Spotify working with DjayPro?

Strange…perhaps its too expensive for ALGORIDDIM and not for megaseg?
Also Pacemaker gave an answer on their Facebook page saying that they’re working on it…
Wait and see…

Just waiting for Apple Music to work. Has to be a way to work it out.

What about hooking up iPods, iPhones up to Mac book pro while Djay pro is in use… Can Djay pro recognize the usb connect?

Does anyone know if it is possible to access the files locally stored by Apple Music in Djay pro?
So I’ll be able to use those files without an internet connection.
Thanks

That will change in IOS 11!! Developers will have access to the Apple Music API…are you guys going to develop it?

IOS 11 allows access to the Apple Music API. Hopefully, they will develop so can access Apple Music!

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2016/12…

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2016/12…