Apple Music (iTunes) syncing = duplicate playlists

When syncing playlists between devices Apple Music (ex iTunes not the subscription service) it doesn’t really work does it? It just seems to make copies of any playlists that have any differences. If you don’t keep on top of it, you can (well I can) end up with 5 playlists. Just spend a few hours merging and deleting. Such a time wasting bore and in a. few weeks I’ll have to do it all again.

Do we have to just accept this or is there a way to to well, just get it to sync without duplicating?

Your question:

Duplicate playlists is a long-standing issue that Apple does not seem interested in fixing. There are a few “solutions” online, but I haven’t found any of them to work. Basically, if you make changes to an Apple Music playlist in iOS and sync, it will create duplicates on the macOS machine.

Right so it doesn’t work.

Hi @N_C,

Thanks for sharing your questions/feedback in our forum.

I’ve replied to your newest thread on the topic found here and will continue to share updates in that thread.

For community management purposes, we will be closing this one and asking everyone who has additional feedback/info to share their findings at the forum link below.

@Michael_Wisniewski, thank you for the assistance. We love to see our community members helping one another.

1 Like