Alternative - to Apple Music/iTunes - iPad Playlist sync options

Further to my post here, which didn’t bring about any solutions to the playlist duplication problem. Frustrations are growing because it’s not just this, there are all sorts of issues with apples music syncing. Yet this - correct me if I’m wrong - seems to be the default option for anyone who has Apple Music/iTunes (the fact that I have to keep saying Apple Music/iTunes to ensure its not confused with the subscription service is another irritation but I digress) and DJay Pro. That was the conclusion I came to after researching it and asking questions in this forum at least.

Anyway, getting to the point, what other - better, much better - options are there for someone who wants to sync music/playlists between their Mac and iPad? Caveat being, ideally without having to duplicate tracks on a single device.

Thanks

I just want to add for algoriddim that I‘m starting to really resent all the precious time spent on all this unreliable library BS. Can gripe about apple all we want, but it’s not the job of their music app to cater to DJs. If I’m using a DJ app on iPad I expect it to sync my music between devices as I choose. This has been such a disappointment. Right now id pay double just to have a DJ app that works on iPad and syncs without relying on apples music, iTunes or whatever your supposed to call it. Then maybe i‘d have stine time left to actually DJ.

1 Like

You can sync your djay library across devices but you have to do it manually via iCloud
There’s a few discussions on the forum describing the process.
As for Apple my advice would be to ditch it completely.
I just use the files section now for the music I own along with a 3rd party tagging editor and tidal for streaming.
I tried with Apple but it just gets messed up every time.

My experience is similar. Seems like there is this gap when it comes to using DJ apps for iPad. Not sure the developers get it, assuming apple’s music app works, but actually without a lot wasted time it doesn’t.

1 Like

Hi @N_C,

Thank you for sharing your questions and general feedback. It is understandable how this can and would be frustrating not just to you but all DJs who may be experiencing something similar.

We’ve shared this feedback with our engineering team for further review and consideration as to what actions could be taken next whether that be from a development point of view or even just a small workaround for the time being.

We will share more as additional info comes in.

Additionally, please ensure that all responses are kept civil and without invasive language, as we want the community to stay collaborative and positive despite issues like what you have mentioned.

Thank you for your patience.