Apple Music not loading on new iPad Pro

So I’m a long time user of idjay pro and apple. I’ve bought my entire library on Apple Music (over $6k) and now that I bought a new iPad Pro my music library is not all able to load in the idjay pro app. I can see the music in the folder but not load it. I understand that there are songs that are protected, but they all work just fine on my old iPad Pro. Why is it the case that on the new ipad the majority of my library will not play on the iPad with the updated software?

Hi @Yon,

Thanks for posting for the first time to the community!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What model/year of iPad Pro are you using?
  2. What version of iOS is running on your iPad?
  3. What version of djay for iOS are you using?
  4. Do you have an active Apple Music subscription?
  5. Are you receiving an error pop-up when trying to load your iTunes (Apple Music) tracks or are the tracks simply not loading onto a deck without warning?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

Make sure all the songs on your new iPad are actually downloaded. Current iOS default is to only download music files when played, and even then sometimes it’s just streamed!!! So it will be useless for DJAY Pro unless it’s actually downloaded.

This is one of the main problems I’ve encountered when transferring a large music library to a new Apple device. Apple doesn’t make it easy; and the process can be slow and painful. It can take forever to make sure all your music is downloaded from iTunes on a new device.

Using a Mac with a fully downloaded music library is the fastest way to get your music onto a new Apple device. I suggest using a Mac to first download all your iTunes audio files and then make a backup of the iTunes folder. In macOS Monterey it’s Music/Music (yah I know stupid naming but that’s Apple Music/iTunes for you).

• Transferring to another Mac? Copy the backup Music folder to the new Mac.
  • Transferring to an iOS device? Use the Sync Music option in Finder.
1 Like

I’d like to confirm that everything @Michael_Wisniewski said is true :slight_smile: :+1:

This is all done from iPad to iPad. So this is all done through the cloud. And yes they are all on my local drive. Not cloud stored. I still get the error.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.