Apple Music & Spotify

If you want to know the answers click in the link below:

Click here

Same question, please give an awesome answer :wink:

No problem, thank you…

I want to delete my account at Spotify and switch to Apple Music, once supported in DJAY Pro. Hopefully there that soon an update … would also be in the interest of Apple Music :wink:

Would it not be easier just to get music via legal avenues at this point?

So far Apple hasn’t mentioned a 3rd party API for Apple Music to developers so as of now, we have no idea whether there will be a way for 3rd party software to interact with Apple Music. So even if Algoriddim wanted to implement Apple Music, there’s no way to do it right now. My guess is that we will see an API released later this year, like when the Android App comes out. They don’t want to release an API; then, realize something is wrong with it and have to make all developers change it. API’s rarely change once made public. So they definitely want to get this right. Don’t get rid of your Spotify subscriptions just yet. It looks like it could be a full year between development time for Algoriddim to integrate Apple Music and development time for Apple, IF an API were released this year. We may also never see a public API depending on how the music deal’s between Apple and record labels are written. However, another likely possibility is that if you download the music for offline play, it will be accessible in djay via iTunes much the same way iTunes Match works. Thus, we wouldn’t need an API right away as this would be a great work around. Though having an API would be best because it allows searching the entire iTunes Store catalog to call up a song. However, it’s impossible to say right now since Apple Music isn’t out yet, but at least here are some ideas of what we may see in the future here.

Very much agreed!

http://www.macworld.com/article/29417…

This is good news for having a 3rd Party Apple Music API.

Being a long time djay user, I pulled out an older version because I knew the older versions could play DRM songs as long as iTunes was open. However, while it works for the older iTunes DRM songs (way back when iTunes had DRM), it doesn’t work for songs downloaded from Apple Music. As a side note, it would appear to developers that Apple is working on an API since Sonos will have support by the end of the year.

I agree completely. Need to be able to play downloaded files as a priority. I think the new version of iTunes has tanked a lot of libraries metadata. I edited a lot of metadata so my songs would match rather than upload, but the metadata constantly resets itself. It’s definitely not a finished product. And the bugs probably won’t be resolved until the next version of Mac OS X comes out in the fall.

I want apple music videos on VJAY, I downloaded the app thinking about it will be compatible!!, but I was wrong, this is so uncomfortable, I hope you’ll do a new update to do this!!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there an update coming that will allow songs from Apple Music to be played?.

I live in Japan where Spotify is not available. This is why I’m hoping that I can use Apple Music with djay 2.

Is this available yet?

Hey, where is the difference between spotify and Apple music? Why can spotify provide the songs in djay and Apple music not? Are the spotify songs without drm and why is it possible?

Thanks for an hint!

Hmmm… I see a lot of confusing comments…
Adrian is an employee and should be able to clear the air here, but here some facts to answer a diversity of questions on this subject;
I used to use Spotify but switch to Apple Music because the content is much better, more complete and mainly the sound quality!
I’ve been using Apple Music since it started (got the free month and switch immediately) and since then I never opened again, Spotify, nor Pandora, nor iHeart.

That a side and knowing that both versions DJay2 and Pro do support both Spotify and Apple Music, would love to be able to access the streaming service rather than downloading the music locally (although for performance purposes if you are “performing”, you may want to have all the music locally stored).

Adrian, are you sure that Apple Music doesn’t allow integration with the streaming service still?

Hey, if you want to use Apple Music on Djay pro, you could seek another way to do that. For example, you could use the Audio Converter for Mac, music converter, etc. to help you get Apple Music as local files. Then you can import them to other devices for using.