Apple Music Streaming Cue Points not Saving (DJay Pro 5.1.6 macOS)

• Device model: Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro 2021
  • Version of the operating system: MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.6
  • Hardware/controllers used: none

Summary of the issue:
I updated Djay Pro to the latest version, 5.1.6, on the M1 Max (Sonoma 14.4.1) today, and it seems to have two significant issues despite restarting the app several times.

1. It doesn’t save cue points sometimes.
  2. It doesn’t sync the cue points to other devices (with my other iPhone)

How to reproduce the issue:
Launch the DJay Pro app on a Mac without connecting to the controller. Set the cue points, then restart the app. Load the same song again, the new cue points were gone.

Hi @Joseph_Hsieh,

1. Please confirm the source of songs where you are experiencing this issue (streaming services, files stored on device, files stored on an external drive, etc.).
  2. If these are not from a streaming service, what files format are your songs in?

Thanks!

Apple Music streaming service with Hi-Res and Lossless audio qualities.

Thanks!

Thanks for the additional info @Joseph_Hsieh.

1. Please log out of Apple Music Streaming from within djay then close the djay app.
  2. Log out of all Apple Music Streaming apps and web browsers on all devices.
  3. Reboot your Mac, launch djay and only log into Apple Music Streaming within djay.
  4. If this does not solve the issue, please let me know. Thanks!

After I logged out of Apple Music from the DJay Pro (MacOS), I restarted the app and logged in with Apple Music. The new cue points are saved and synced with my other iPhone.

Does that mean I have to go through this process every time I update the DJay Pro app?

Many thanks!

You’re welcome @Joseph_Hsieh. You should not need to do this after every update, but if the issue happens again you know how to fix it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.