Apple Music tracks not loading on Android

Device model: iBasso DX180 128GB
DJay Version: 5.2.3
Hardware Controler: None

Whenever I try to load a track from Apple Music (streaming), I get the error: “Could not load track. Error opening file.”

I think it is a file format issue because if I try to load a song that I uploaded in MP3 format, it seems to work fine. But any songs which are purchased or streamed do not seem to load.

FYI, the tracks load and play perfectly in the Apple Music app on the same device

Hi @Pierre_Henry,

Thanks for sharing your report in our forum!

Could you share either a screenshot or screen recording of this issue’s error message so that we can investigate the issue further?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Video of error message, as requested

Hi @Pierre_Henry,

Thanks so much for the video, could you please try the following steps below to see if they resolve your issue?

1. Log out of Apple Music in djay.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Turn off any VPNs that you may have activated.
  4. Open djay.
  5. Log in to Apple Music via djay.
  6. Play a track.

Additionally, do you have any other Android-based devices you can test this with? It looks like you are using a Digital Audio Player similar to something from Fiio, and I wonder if that is an issue.

Thanks!

I have tried all of those steps and still no luck. I’m not using a VPN. Yes, I am using a DAP - the iBasso DX180 128GB

As I said, the songs play fine in the Apple Music app on the same device - they just will not load in DJay Pro

Hi @Pierre_Henry,

Thank you very much for providing this additional information.

Our engineering team is looking into this issue, and I will share an update with you as soon as one is available.

Thank you for your patience!