Are we going to lose Tidal?

I see today that Square has bought out Tidal in a $297 million deal.
I wonder if they’ll pull the plug on access like Spotify did?
Gutting if they do!!

1 Like

Actually, this has given hope to me because until recently it was hard to see whether Tidal had any future. Now they at least have secured their continued survival, so let’s see what comes next.

Wow I didn’t know this. I’ve ported all my plists from Spotify to Tidal and will be devastated if Tidal drops support. Watch that space :scream:

As @djjoejoe said, there’s hope… I use it a lot as well…:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Too bad Deezer is losing steam, I always thought they were way better than Tidal and that DJAY should use them

Ugh, yeah, I’m wondering the same thing. The reason I originally got into djay was because of Spotify integration. Still bummed Spotify closed the gate.

Lately I’ve been thinking about a Tidal migration. Now… who knows? Gonna wait and see 'cause it wouldn’t surprise me if Square kills it because the board of directors has to be ever so conservative to protect their precious yacht monies or whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.