Audio Distorted after update to 3.0.7

After updating to Djay Pro AI 3.0.7 all audio is distorted regardless of the audio source (local files/iTunes, or online Tidal) or the audio device (built-in audio card, or external USB audio interface). I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Djay Pro AI, updated to the latest revision and the issue still exists. Hopefully this will be resolved in the next release, and any assistance that can be provided will be greatly apprecaited.

*No audio issues are experienced when playing the same audio files/sources on any of my audio devices in Neural Mix Pro 1.0.5, or in Djay Pro 2.2.8.

MacBook Pro 16" 2019
2.3 Ghz 8-Core Intel i9
16GB RAM
macOS Big Sur 11.2.2

Just updated to Djay Pro AI 3.0.8 and the audio distortion issues still exist.

Still, my other Algoriddim applications on the same laptop do not exhibit this audio distortion issue, and this issue did not exist prior to version 3.0.7.

Hopefully this will be resolved in the next release, and any assistance that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16" 2019
2.3 Ghz 8-Core Intel i9
16GB RAM
macOS Big Sur 11.2.2

Hi @L_M,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear about the audio distortion.

As this isn’t an issue we’ve been able to reproduce, so that our team can take a closer look into this, could you please tell us the following:

1. Are you using any other external audio devices when this issue occurs?
  2. Is the distortion present from the first moment you launch djay, or does it start after some time?
  3. Is the Pre-Cueing output also distorted?
  4. Could you please share a screenshot of the Audio Devices section of djay’s Preferences?

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

Emily,

Thank you for your response. Please see my answers below, and I have included a screen capture of the audio distortion issue as well. All of my other Algoriddim applications (Djay Pro 2.2.8, and Neural Mix Pro 1.0.5 van successfully playback the same sources without any audible artifacts.

1. No external audio devices are being used when this occurs. I am utilizing the built-in audio on my MacBook Pro in the screen capture, but the same issue is experienced regardless of the selected audio output device.

2. The distortion in Djay Pro AI 3.0.8 is immediate, and the playback tempo is slower than normal as well.

3. Yes. Pre-Cueing output is distorted as well.

4. Please review the following screen capture with audio examples:
    Dropbox - File Deleted https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r5i3trwpjwd1ot/Algoriddim%20Djay%20Pro%20AI%20Distortion.mp4?dl=0

In the screen capture, playback is attempted with files from a local hard drive, and from Tidal streams. The same song sources are tested across Djay Pro AI, Djay Pro 2, and Neural Mix Pro to demonstrate that the issue appears to be isolated to Djay Pro AI. Information regarding my System Info, selected audio devices are displayed as well. Djay Pro AI did not exhibit this playback issue prior to 3.0.7.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, or if any additional information is required.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lionel Melgar

Thanks for sharing the detailed information, Lionel. The video you sent was really helpful!

Could you please try selecting “None” in the drop-down audio selection for Microphone in djay Pro AI’s Devices settings? Right now it is set to “Description”. After applying this setting, does the audio distortion persist?

Emily,

I changed the Microphone setting to None as you suggested, and the playback distortion was resolved!

Once the root cause of the playback issue was determined, I researched this network sound output device named “Description” and it appeared to be an audio driver from another application. After searching online, that device was related to the LogMeIn Remote Desktop client, and other people have encountered this leftover phantom device after the LogMeIn client has been removed. After downloading and reinstalling the LogMeIn client, the “Description” sound device disappeared, then I uninstalled LogMeIn again, and checked for any remnants in the /Library and /System folders. Once no traces of LogMeIn were found, I restarted my system and the distortion issues have completely gone away.

I have Serato DJ Pro and Rekordbox 6 on my system, but Djay Pro in it’s current and previous versions are the absolute best fit for my needs. Support for video playback on iOS as well as on MacOS is awesome, and the new Neural Mix functionality is amazing. This distortion issue has been driving me crazy for a while now, so I really appreciate your assistance and expertise in resolving this issue.

Thank you!
Lionel

Thanks for the updates and glad to hear things are working as expected now. We also appreciate you sharing your troubleshooting steps and findings about the mysterious “Description” audio driver. That’s very helpful to know and may help other users in the future as well. All of this information has been reported to our development team so they can take a closer look on any improvements that can be made on our side here to avoid such cases. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Awesome to hear that djay Pro AI is the best fit for your needs and that you’re enjoying video mixing and Neural Mix! Feel free to share any feedback or suggestions any time as we’re continually making improvements to the app. Happy mixing! :headphones:

A post was split to a new topic: Audio issue on djay Pro AI for Mac

Hi Lionel, i have pretty much the same issue that drives me crazy but the fix doesn’t work for me. Maybe you have an idea to solve this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.