Audio routing issue with Xone:43C

I’m using Xone:43C with djay + DVS and it works in general.
However, the audio routing is totally messed up.
Routing something to the audio channels 5/6 or 7/8 is also routed through 3/4.
Also, routing something through 3/4 is also routed through 7/8!

I therefore cannot use these channels for anything else (sampler, looper).

The mixer doesn’t seem to be the issue as it is working flawlessly with Traktor on macOS. I have also used Loopback on macOS to verify that routing to audio channels 7/8 will only be routed to channel 4 on my mixer.

I have recorded a short video illustrating the issue:

This is an issue with the Xone:43C interface. Allen&Heath stated in an email three years ago it would be fixed in a firmware update, but it never has (and probably never will now that the mixer is discontinued).

This issues is replicated across all applications when in use with an iOS device as well.

This is an issue with the Xone:43C interface. Allen&Heath stated in an email three years ago it would be fixed in a firmware update, but it never has (and probably never will now that the mixer is discontinued).

What a bummer. I will contact the A&H anyway, because I think this error is fundamental. Even if A&H discontinues the mixer after such a short time, they are responsible for correcting such defects.

Per A&H, the mixer works for its intended purpose (as a Serato compatible mixer when connected to a computer). I wish you the best. It would be cool to see a fox, though. I love my Xone:43c rotary.

Well… it might be also one of operating system" restricted feature" i.e the amount of audio channels to be used in applications in iOS is less than on macOS.

One of the selling feature for macbook pro’s.
If you need something “more”, buy macbook pro …

I have a 10 in/10 out audio interface plugged into my iPad currently. All channels are independently addressible.

1 Like