Auto/Manual Mixing workflow

Hi all,

I’m new to Djay Pro and looking to create a playlist where I manually control transitions. My goal is to:

1. Play each track individually, pause, and prepare the next one on the other deck.
  2. Set transition points manually, then play the end of one song and the start of the next simultaneously to mix them.
  3. Repeat this for about 10 songs.

Is this workflow possible in Djay Pro? Any advice on how to set it up would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi @Vadim_Gorovoy, I believe djay’s Automix feature will offer what you’re looking for.

1. Please refer to section 4.6 of the djay Pro AI User Manual for macOS for details: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911691-User-manual-for-djay-Pro-on-Mac
  2. In particular, when you are in the Automix View Mode, you will want to Set Start and Set End points of each song to control precisely where your mixes will be performed (see #6 below from the manual).
  3. You will also want to adjust your Automix Settings>SONG RANGE>Start/End> to turn ON Use start and end point of song if available (see below and item #4 from the manual).
  4. While in the Automix Settings you will want to also set the Transition type, Duration and Tempo Adjust to achieve the results you desire.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

thank you very much!

1 Like

You’re welcome @Vadim_Gorovoy