Auto mix issues with AI upgrade

Before the AI came out, I had no issues with auto mix and my controller and the app worked perfectly together. I’m a wedding DJ and I use the auto mix during cocktail hour and dinner so I can step away. Since the upgrade, the system gives me an error message which states I have to switch to the internal mixer mode to use auto mix. When I do switch to the internal mixer, the auto mix works but other issues creep up. The channel fader I use to control the volume on deck 2 does not work on my controller. It works on my lap top. The cross fader on the controller cuts off the music to deck 2 when I slide all the way to the right. When I slide it all the way to the right on the laptop, it does not cut off the music. The volume on deck 2 stops working completely even after I switch from auto mix in internal mixer mode.

These issues never existed with the djpro2 first version. The ai updates has issues which needs to be checked out. I’m using a pioneer DDJ-SZ Controller. These issues disappear when I switch over to Serato so I know it’s not a problem with the controller. Any advice on how to fix this issue will greatly appreciated.

Hello, I’ve never heard of this issue, but have you solved it ?

SHAREit MX Player

Hi @pnyame,

Thanks for joining our Community. We are sorry to hear you’ve experienced this issue when using Automix on your DDJ-SZ.

The problem here is that the DDJ-SZ is an external mixer, and in order to properly use it, you need to set the “Devices” settings on the djay PRO AI preferences to be “External Mixer Mode”.

However, since Automix needs to move the Crossfader and EQ in order to create the transitions, it is currently not possible to make it work on external mixer mode. On external mixer mode, the crossfader is out of reach for djay.

We are currently investigating ways that will allow you to use Automix in External Mixer mode. We kindly ask for your patience while we work on this.

We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause you and kindly ask for your understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.