Auto-transition duration is hidden in hardware mode

• Device model: ipad pro 6th
  • Version of operating system: ipados 17.5.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.7
  • Hardware/controllers used: hercules p32

Hello. Hardware mode interface looks awesome, but what I’ve noticed is that “Auto-transition duration” option is hidden from crossfader menu.

It is possible to midi-map “Transition now” and “Transion duration +/-“, but without current value the whole thing is unusable.

Is it possible to check current duration value without exiting hardware mode?

Hi @t3ks1st0, good catch. That option is indeed missing in the menu. I have passed this onto the dev team for further review.

1 Like

Hi @t3ks1st0, this should be fixed in 5.2.1.

1 Like

So as I understand you are using the Hercules P32 controller with Djay Pro for iPad ?

I really need to know where did you get the mapping as it is not listed under compatible controllers for iOS.

Would you mind sharing the mapping with me?

I found a very good deal to buy this controller almost like new condition and I really need to know if it works fine with Djay pro and the iPad.

Yes, it works just fine. Hercules P32 is class compliant, everything is assignable.

I did mapping myself from scratch. It’s pretty easy. Basically you just press a button on a controller and select action from list.

Editor is located at Options => MIDI devices => {name of device}. When controller is not connected, device list is empty, so you can’t see it.

My layout is pretty weired, for example I mapped effects knobs to stems. And it’s still work in progress, I’m not sure it will be any help to you.