Automix intro and outro

Hello,

Is it possible to set for each track:
A start for intro
An end for intro
A start for outro
An end for outro

So 4 points in total? I only find Automix start and Automix end which is not very useful for me.

Thanks!

If you want prepare a full mix in advance, including the transitions, tools like dj.studio is much more convenient.

1 Like

Thanks! I just want to help Automix on some tracks when needed and store the settings in my library.
Not very important though.

Look into the mix duration.
Make sure the grids are good, set your auto start and end points, then open up the preferences and manually set the duration of the transition. Do it in a way so that the song phrases line up and Automix will flow in and out of songs nicely. I set the transition to EQ, Neural, or just leave it on Auto. Set duration to MANUAL (8 or 16 bars). Set tempo adjust to SYNC, click ON (use start and end points if available). I choose a large playlists with the same style music, hit the randomize function and let Automix have at it. It’ll go for 3-4 hours, even longer without a hiccup. There are times when one song blends into the other so beautifully I have to pause and smile.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @DjDeeG. Your settings are very similar to mine when I use Automix.

I admit that the result is very good 90% of the time.
As I understand, it’s not possible yet to edit the parts of the mix…
Doesn’t matter , thx

You can go in and interact with the music while auto mode is enabled. You can add effects, skip forward or backwards, correct something that’s off beat, loop, force it to transition to the next song ahead of the cues and more. I have even swapped out a song that was going to play next. Just watch out for the start and end cues, I’ve triggered auto mix to transition on accident too.

1 Like