Automix Playing Entire Songs

I use djay pro for Android. Is there a way to set automix so that it always plays the full song? I’m not looking to have the app actually beatmix the songs, but rather just do a crossfade from one song to the next. I’d like it to start the next song at the beginning when there are about 4 seconds left in the currently playing song. When I have tried to set this up, the apps seems to be choosing a spot in each song to start and stop. I see there is an option to manually set a starting and stopping point, but that would be time consuming. Is there a setting that would do what I’m looking for automatically without that extra effort? I would be using this for continuous play of background dinner music at a wedding.

Hopefully the following will help….shots on my iPhone but the iPad works the same way.
If you’re on a Mac, I’m sure it will be similar.

You can also set the transition mode etc from the settings page…

Hope that’s what you’re after.

:+1:t3:

Oops….just reread it and you state you’re on Android…my bad!!!

Not sure if Android has this function…:crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, but as you suspected the Android version is different.

Hi @DJTLG,

Automix on Android does have some differences to the iOS version, but it should basically work the same in terms of the settings, as @sooteee shared above.

Here is a screenshot of how you can set the djay Automix settings on Android to achieve what you’ve described:

Please let me know if that works the way you were wanting it to. Or if you have any other questions, I’m happy to help.

1 Like

For automixing whole songs, no beatmatching, I’ve found these settings work well …

On “Automix” settings

• Transition = automatic
  • Duration = automatic
  • Tempo adjust = off
  • Start point = manual, 0 seconds
  • End point = manual, 12 seconds
  • Use start and end points of song if available
  • Turn off maximum song play duration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.