Bass leaks through harmonic Echo Out FX after touching Neuralmix Panel

V5.0.2. Set up an Echo Out FX assigned to harmonics. Play song then apply FX; all instruments including bass are muted by the echo as expected.

Switch to the Neuralmix panel; mute then unmute the bass stem directly.

Apply the Echo Out FX again. Note now bass is no longer muted by the echo. DJay needs to be restarted to restore correct behaviour.

@Slak_Jaw any thoughts on this is it another known issue?

Hi @Rob_Grimes,
Can you please try to capture a video of this issue, upload it to your Dropbox/Google Drive, enable the necessary file sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? This will really help to clarify what you’re describing. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/Jo5uYQDJyKY.

Note in this recording second time I activate the EchoVerb Out which is assigned to the Melodics stems, the bass is still audible.

Thanks for the video @Rob_Grimes. I’ve forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. Thanks again!

Hi @Rob_Grimes, I just wanted to give you a quick update. The engineering team was able to reproduce this issue and is investigating it further. We believe it has something to do with using the 3 stem model by default for the FX while having the 4 stems separation active. In the meantime, you could try changing from the 4 stems separation to the 3 stems separation. This should ensure that the bass is included in the harmonics when apply FX.

Thanks for the follow up. I’ll look into that workaround for the time being but since I have the 4 stem buttons on my DDJ REV5 mapped and do have a couple of mixes that leverage keeping bass+drums going (like Blue Monday…) I might just have to remember to manually switch off bass if I’m activating melodic echo out.

You’re welcome @Rob_Grimes. I understand.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.