Bass stem not removed

I have a Pioneer Rev1 running DJay Pro 5.2 on MacOS 14.5 M1, 16GB RAM. When the EQ knobs are in Neural Mix mode, the bass is still present when the harmonic knob is turned off. It is present when all of the knobs are turned off as well. I can remove the bass stem when muting the bass in the Neural mix panel.

Hi @djsupe, thanks for the details. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Google account is full so I uploaded to YouTube.

Thanks for the video @djsupe. I’ve passed this into the dev team to see if they can replicate the issue. I’ll report back when I have news.

Great song you have choosen there on that demo @djsupe !

1 Like

Hi again @djsupe, the engineering team has confirmed that this is a known issue. They are working on a fix. I’ll report back here when I have more news. Thanks!

2 Likes

I can confirm with stem full eq off, bass still coming through on iOS

1 Like

Oh iOS as well? Hopefully it is related to the same MacOS functionality

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that this will be addressed in the upcoming 5.2.1 release. Thanks!

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw Do you know if the update will solve the issue across all hardware or was this strictly a software issue? I also have a Rane One but have not used it with Djay Pro yet.

I believe this was a software issue. It should be addressed across all hardware.

You can fix this! by midi mapping the action, “Neural Mix EQ (4ch: Bass)” and target whatever deck you want to control. If you have a spare eq knob, if not, you always shift+eq knob, if your shift won’t operate your EQ knob then create a shift, for me when I make a second shift that’s just a random second button. It gives you the ability to hold shift and do a “Shift+EQ knob” input that registers as a new midi command from my controer

Anyways, easier than that is to click on “MIDI” then click on configure whatever controller you’re using, and then turn the middle EQ knob, right click and select duplicate. on the duplicated control click the drop-down menu and scroll down until you see the same action item I mentioned above, “Neural Mix EQ (4ch: Bass)”. That will make it to her whenever you turn down your middle EQ knob. It will also turn down the bass. You can mark it to the bottom EQ knob if that works better for you, or both of them if you want

cheers