Beatmatching in DVS Mode

Hi,

I’m testing DjAy at the moment in DVS Mode with Serato Vinyl. The response of the Software compared to the movement of the pitch fader is extrem lagging. For Information: All songs are correctly analysed.

There are two problems that I have several times:

1. If you beatmatch by ear and this sounds fine over 30 sec or more, also the Waveforms are showed in perfect match, the BPM of both Songs are different. For example: 128.3 for Deck 1 and 129.1 for Deck 2. This is really confusing.

2. If you want to beatmatch visually it’s impossible. I want to match the bpm of both decks manually and you move the pitch fader of the Turntable then you have this extrem lag and DJay jump extrem between different BPM numbers, sometimes up to 0.5 steps.

If you want to change from 126.7 to 127 straigth is nearly impossible. If you slightly move the pitch fader at the Turntable, nothing happen in then it start to jump the bpm number up to 127.5 then you go back nothing happens, then again you are at 126.3. So slight moves at the Turntable pitch faders has no reaction in the software.

My Turntables, System and Needles works fine with Traktor DVS, Serato DVS and Rekordbox DVS. Only in DJay I recognize this phenomen. Do anyone else recognize this?

In this way is nearly unusable in DVS mode, because it takes everytime so long to beatmatch the songs.

Hi @Stillos-Music,

Thanks for reporting this behavior and sorry to hear about the issues you’ve encountered with DVS Mode. I’ll be happy to have our Dev Team take a closer look into this. Just so we can get all of the relevant information, could you please share the following:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?
  4. What controller/mixer are you using?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Emily,

here the answers:

1. MacBook Pro 13’’ 2019 i7, 16 GB Ram
  2. macOS Monterey 12.4
  3. I had the issue in Version 4.04 and 4.05. I didn’t test the actual version
  4. Technics 1210MK7, DJM 900 NXS2, Serato Control Vinyl

I could test it in the next days with a Xone96 Mixer and check if it’s Mixer related. But I don’t think so. My suggestion is that you try to show stable BPM in DVS Mode and this is very slow changing. I think an directer (not stable) BPM display would solve the problem.

I’m happy to help out and get feedback, because the rest of the Software has a hugh potential.

1 Like

I can confirm the observations of the original poster with 4.0.7 on iOS with Serato control vinyl and a Traktor Audio 10.
However, I have realized that the BPM display can be forced to catch up to minor pitch adjustments by speeding up or slowing down the record somewhat significantly after adjusting pitch. It seems the BPM display needs a major change to register the correct speed quickly, but the playback itself does niot. This can be quite confusing when beatmatching.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.