📣 Beta access to the all-new djay Pro AI for Windows

The playlists and metadata matched, but no hotcues

1 Like

Odd. Can you confirm that your Hot Cues exist in djay on iOS first? Do you have multiple installations of djay on your iOS device (ex. Beta versions)? If so, make sure you’re grabbing from the correct djay folder in the Files App. Maybe try copying the files over to your PC a second time?

Only one version of DJay installed on my iPhone.
Hotcues are present in the iOS version

1 Like

The UI looks way too big. Feels like an iPad version ported to Windows.

Missing info boxes when hovering over icons to know what they are.

1 Like

The new UI is good but can be made perfect by implementing my ideas.

Starting at the very top with the Layout:

1. Please move the Record button to just left of the “Djay PRO AI” logo.
  2. Put a Settings Cog wheel (Gear) where the Record button is currently.
  3. Move Master Volume slider to the right side of the “Djay PRO AI” logo.
  4. On the right side make the Clock appear a bit larger and bold.
  5. Move the Pitch faders to the Outside of each Turntable/Jog Wheel.
  6. Take the Sync button, make it smaller and put it in the Play/Cross-Fader panel directly below the
    new Pitch fader location.
  7. Add a Pause or Stop button (two bars or one square) inside the Play button on the left side.
  8. Locate the new Play/Pause button directly below each Turntable/Jog Wheel.
  9. Make the Pitch fader and Cross-Fader about 30% smaller.
  10. Make the Play/Cross-Fader row, Neural Mix, FX, Etc. rows about 33% shorter.
  11. Move the Arrows next to the Cross-Fader closer and include a button to center the Cross-Fader.
  12. Center the Neural Mix knobs under the EQ knobs.
  13. Mirror Deck A to Deck B by reversing the order of Track/Artist/Time and Key. For example in Deck B move the Key above the Gain slider and the Timer to the right.
  14. Put the BPM below the Key of each Deck and make it bold.
  15. The Yellow and Blue highlights in the Browser section are too bright and would look great in a lighter shade.
4 Likes

Will give a try today!! Anyone that tried it already, is it the Echo Fade Out effect already implemented? Post-fader effects. This: Add echo out effect

Does the numark Mixtrack pro fx works with this beta ? Does work on IOS/ MacBook but not pc. That is why I am asking this question.

Post-fader FX are supported, as well as all controllers that are supported on Mac/iOS.

1 Like

Ok, been testing it for several hours and here are my comments.

The improvement with the previous version of PC is just crazy good BUT they are still many things to be done to be closer to serato.

First the good things
Asio support !!!
More mappings like on IOS/Mac os
filter noise controls and multiple EQ profiles.
Horizontal waveforms can be placed above!!!

Thins to improve

Able to personalise the effects. A flanger with 4 beats doesn’t make any sense!!!
By default deactivating Autogain and limiter. This does kill the sound. Reduce the gain buttons if requierd.
Minutes markers!!!. This is so useful on the long track visualisation.
Master tempo sound quality, please add this as a paid pack like with Serato but i cannot use Djay pro on a party with such a poor master tempo quality.
Some mappings, the Mixtrack pro fx has a poor mappings, there are no 8 Cue buttons and many things are missing.
Neural mix quality should be also improved, i don’t use it neither on Serato but for those who are interested, that is clearly something to do.

So i think i will buy the pc version as for my home mixing, i prefer to be able to use a good soundcard instead of the crappy internal soundcard but i won’t be using it for public performances due to the points mentionned above.

So this is really going into the good direction, that is for sure.

1 Like

Hello, May I ask where the Video mixing function is in the Windows (beta) version? The MacBook version has this, but I cannot seem to find it in the Windows version?? Would really like this to be added just as the AI version for Mac. Thnx

The only question - when the official version for Windows :heart:

First off, I’ve been playing around with Pro AI Beta on Windows and it is a MASSIVE improvement on the DJay Pro app for Windows so well done, and thanks!
However today I’m getting a message “Beta expired Get the offical release today” but when I click on the link it takes me to the Beta page in the Microsoft store. As far as I can see there is no Pro AI Windows version available on the Algoriddim site. Very frustrating because I wanted to do some mixing today and going back to old DJay Pro for Windows is, well depressing! :frowning:

Same issue as SupaStevie. IF you are telling us to get the released version then you need to update the non beta version in the store so that those of us that have the original store app will get the update.
Please fix this ASAP The release date of the current non-beta app is may 2016 in the store.

@SupaStevie and @SingZout the Windows beta of djay Pro AI is still working on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Can you please confirm what version of Windows you are using? Did you recently update it?

1 Like

@JvS I looked through all of the settings and couldn’t find Video Mixing in the Windows Beta either. Hopefully it will be present in the full release.

I wrote to Algoriddim and I got an email back this morning saying the “Beta expired” message was incorrect in the Windows version and that if I went back to the Microsoft store today I would find an updated version of the Beta without the message which would still be usable. They added apologies for the inconvenience etc I didn’t get a chance to try that yet though

2 Likes

@SupaStevie okay great. Thanks for the update.

SALVE HO INSTALLATO LA VERSIONE DI DJAY AI WUNDOWS L’HO USATO PER UN GIORNO E STAMATTINA HO RIAPERTO L’APPLICAZIONE E MI DA QUWSTO MESSAGGIO E NON POSSO FARE NIENTE : Si prega di segnalare eventuali feedback facendo clic sul pulsante “Invia feedback” nell’app o scrivendo a beta@algoriddim.com.
MI PUO AIUTARE

Italian Translation:
HELLO I INSTALLED THE VERSION OF DJAY ON WUNDOWS I USED IT FOR A DAY AND THIS MORNING I REOPENED THE APPLICATION AND IT GIVES ME THIS MESSAGE AND I CAN’T DO ANYTHING: Please report any feedback by clicking on the “Send feedback” button in the app or by writing to beta@algoriddim.com.
CAN YOU HELP ME

HI @Andrea_Grandoni,

Please note that the beta version of djay Pro for Windows is no longer active. Have you tried downloading the latest version of djay from the Microsoft App Store?

I will include the link down below.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Hi Algoriddim staff,
I use Djay Pro AI with my Macbook but I plan on also using the Windows version with a laptop. Does my subscription cover both versions of Djay or only the Mac version I am currently using? Also how many Djay installs can I have at same time (ex: do I have to uninstall my Mac version if I want to install Djay on my Ipad without paying twice?)