Bloated djay Media Library size

Just thought I’d share some info with you!
Hi there! I’ve got a Mac Pro 2019 (Ventura 13.6.7) and I’ve got 424 FLAC and 1866 mp3 files.
djay Media Library.djayMediaLibrary takes 22 megabytes.

In total, my FLAC and MP3 files take up 52.89 gigabytes.

When I first started using DJ Pro and added about ten files to it, the size of the DJ Media Library was 811 kilobytes.

Hi Slak_Jaw
Just sent you a Google drive link to a zip file in a DM.
Let me know if you need more info, I am happy to help to get the issue fixed.
Thanks!
Marc.

Thanks @Markouchio. I’ve passed this onto engineering for further review.

@Slak_Jaw did you get some feedback from Engineering? Is the root cause identified?
I have 2 big events scheduled in 2 weeks from now.
I am feeling really nervous to have to DJ for several hours with the bug creeping up that will make my Media Library bloat to tens of GB (which will possibly crash djay if not MacOS in the process).

Hi @Markouchio, I don’t have any news to share yet, but I sent another follow up. In the meantime, you might want to consider turning iCloud Sync OFF in the djay Settings>Advanced>SYNCING>iCloud.

Hello @Culte_du_Soleil @Markouchio @DjDeeG @Zirrex, engineering wants to know if you all used the Crates Importer tool? Please confirm. Thanks!

I did not use the Crates importer. My hunch is that the issue was caused by a combination of Apple Music integration and Album Art. My problems began when I started using Apple Music and experienced the weird album art flickering issue described previously in this message thread by @Markouchio .

Thanks for confirming and for the additional info @Culte_du_Soleil. This is very helpful.

@Slak_Jaw I disabled iCloud sync a few weeks ago, but it did not prevent the bug that inflates the Media Library file from happening again unfortunately.

@Slak_Jaw I never used the Create importer either. My problem also began after I added Apple Music - though correlation does not imply causation :slight_smile:

Thanks for the additional info @Markouchio - this is very helpful!

I did not use the crates importer. I click the MUSIC icon and drag the song files into the window. Then I create playlists and populate them from the songs in the music window.

By the way, I use djayPro on a M1 MacBook Pro - 16gb memory - macOS Sonoma 14.6.1.
I don’t use the syncing function and I believe it’s turned off on both my Macbook and iPhone.

Hi everyone, I have another follow up question.

When you started using Apple Music do you remember if you analyzed all your Apple Music songs? e.g. From Apple Music Source → Playlists → Songs → Analyze Songs. Thanks!