Bluetooth Keyboard With Mac/iPad Issues?

Hey just curious if anyone here uses a bluetooth keyboard with their Mac or iPad using Djay?

I dont remember what topic it was and couldnt find anything in regards to the bluetooth messing up functionality but i remember reading of an issue.

Was looking to buying a mini bluetooth keyboard but wanted to check with the Djay community on here and see what the feedback was and experience using bluetooth devices whether issues arised or not. Thanks!

In the past using Bluetooth was known to give problems whilst using Djay but I’m not sure if that has been sorted…

I always have it turned off as well as Wifi of late as I have been experiencing lagging issues that immediately stop when I turn Wifi off.

1 Like

@maurizio_T ! Whats going on brotha?

Yeah thats what i had figured that bluetooth had issues. The last 4 gigs i did i have left wifi on so i could connect to my phones hotspot in case of requests but no lag so far. I guess ill try with bluetooth on and see if they conflict with eachother or introduce lag. Thanks maurizio!

Got another question in regards to connecting an iphone as a backup. Is it best to use the rca input on rane one aux in or run the apple usb 3 adapter ? Never ran a backup before.

I have no issues at all. I’ve used a Bluetooth keyboard with iPad Pro my last 2 weddings and my club gigs.

1 Like

Looks like by Five ) response that the bluetooth issues have been sorted…
I use a lightning to midi cable as my iphone doesn’t have a headphone jack anymore… and just plug it into the B line on one of the channels rather than going through the Aux

Good to know! Thanks @Five-0 !

1 Like

@maurizio_T nice ill go ahead and get me one of them. The aux way of doing i felt the sound was way lower than normal.

Does this method charge your phone as well or just data for running Djay?

Yes I felt the Aux was low in volume as well.
No unfortunately it doesn’t charge the phone,
I also used it as a back up cable when I had my iPad 9th Gen if ever the iPhone camera adapter failed, although it won’t charge as I said…

Now I have the iPad Air 5th Gen and it’s USB C connection so I just use a USB C multi port adapter.

1 Like

Gotcha! Thanks @maurizio_T !

Hopefully an iPad will be added to my setup soon. Way better than my small iPhone screen :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like