BPM Analysis question

@Slak_Jaw
Hey Slak_Jaw, I’m having massive problems with the BPM analysis. For example, I’ve already pre-tapped a range of around 90-95 for the automix, but the software keeps changing the BPM, for example from 92 to 140 and so on. I really need to be able to turn it off. How can I do that? I’m attaching a screenshot with the range and then the same songs, which are then re-synchronized during the automix by the software. For whatever reason. DJ Pro AI is overwriting my preset for the BPM.

Thus song has 92 bpm befor

This song Ghafeleye omr has 93 bpm you can see the bpm before it is changed by the sw

Now you see the same song after sw changed it

The Settings

Please I need urgent help.
Thank you

Hi @DJKamyR, I’ve moved your post to a new topic to keep things organized. In the djay Automix Settings please change the Tempo Adjust to Sync instead of Sync + Tempo Blend.

Alternatively, you can set this to Off if you want the songs to Automix without being synced and automatically BPM adjusted.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw I had already tried all settings beforehand and got the same result. It defines dynamic bpms on its own and then analyzes something? Regardless of the setting?

Hi @DJKamyR, to help clarify things, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw pls. see the video link

@Slak_Jaw
Hiere is Another, example, without automix. the same issue.

Thanks for the videos @DJKamyR. I’m currently on vacation so I have forwarded everything to our engineering team for review. I’ll report back here as soon as I can. Thanks!

Hi @DJKamyR,

Can you please clarify what you mean by “I’ve already pre-tapped a range for the automix”?
Tapping the BPM from the grid popup only updates the grid of the current song being tapped. If you would like to set an analysis range this has to be done in Preferences > Library > BPM > BPM Analysis Range.

DJ Pro AI is overwriting my preset for the BPM.

Where are these presets coming from? Did you use some external software to preset the BPMs? If this is the case then the behavior is expected. We currently don’t use metadata information from the track (e.g. written in the file metadata).

I mean, I manually set the BPM for some songs by pressing the TAP button. All songs were already manually set like that in 5.2.3 and earlier. In the older versions, the automux worked great for the same songs.

I set all the bpm’s manually for the Persian songs. The software always analyzed it wrong. I’ve set it myself since I started DJing with djay pro

Hope this clearify

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying @DJKamyR

Hi @DJKamyR, I spoke with engineering. We reanalyzed tracks in the 5.2.4 update to apply changes in how we calculate prevalent BPMs in a track. This was necessary for the BPM change visualization that we added. Edits like half/double, anchors, downbeat, etc. carried over, but unfortunately it seems that BPM edits (taps/input bpm) did not carry over. Sorry about that.

thanks for clarifying @Slak_Jaw
And what does that mean for me? I have to re-tap all the tracks?
Ohhhh noooo

You’re welcome @DJKamyR. I have already asked engineering if there is a way to recover these tapped BPM values or not. I’ll report back when I have news.

Are you using Static or Dynamic match for Sync?

Dynamic (which appears to be the default) will adjust the BPM on the fly to attempt to keep the beats (grid) lined up to the master track.

You may find this is unnecessary and could get away with using Static so that the Sync function matches the BPM “once” for that track and then just lines the grid up.

Might be enough if your grid for a given tune is genuinely a single BPM all the way through the track.

Also, another consideration… are your files of a decent quality? 320Kbps MP3s or AIF files should have no problem. Poor quality files or even worse YouTube tips will be all over the place when it come to analysis.

I have it set to dynamic. Persian music is very difficult to beat grid and I am very impressed with how the beat grid worked in the previous version. Something went wrong with the new version. With the bpm analysis.

I need the dynamic beat-grid.

Hi @DJKamyR, I spoke with engineering and I’m sorry to report that for the tracks that have been reanalyzed, the BPM information has unfortunately been overwritten. A fix for this will be implemented in the future to ensure that Tap BPM information gets carried over when we reanalyze. Once again, sorry about that.

Also, to help with the analysis of your Persian tracks, you can set a preferred BPM analysis range in the djay Settings>Library>BPM ANALYSIS>Range

Please also see below for how to change the beatgrid to Dynamic for your tracks.