BPM/key data for Tidal/Soundcloud

I’m aware that once a song is played and/or analyzed, it will show BPM/key data in djay, but one thing I love about the Spotify integration is that that info appears in search even before playing a song (so you can quickly determine a good fit without having to analyze it). I noticed this info isn’t in Tidal (haven’t tried Soundcloud yet). My

I’m also noticing that BPM/Key info coming from Tidal is lacking compared to Spotify. It would be nice to be able to continue using this feature as we migrate to Tidal streaming.

I think everyone should bombard the Tidal feedback page to list BPM’s for tracks, from every angle, to their FB page, emails and beyond…

Thanks for the side-by-side comparison. It 

Same track…

Look familiar??

It’s the same track, one sourced from Tidal the other from Spotify. The waveforms may differ ever so slightly, this is due to the better streaming quality of Tidal. However the beat grid should be identical, unfortunately this isn’t an isolated case. Tidal regularly fails to analyse tracks and format them correctly.

As for the superior sound quality, I have a set of Yamaha HS7’s I didn’t notice a drastic difference, if any st all between the two streaming services.

:mega: We’re happy to share that the ability to pre-analyze entire playlists in the TIDAL library (analyzes BPM, key, beat grid, and waveforms) has been added in the latest versions of djay Pro AI for iOS (version 3.6.7), djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.0.9), and djay Pro for Windows (version 1.0.27707.0).

Thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback and for your patience. Happy mixing. :headphones:

2 Likes