Brainstorming/troubleshooting sound issues

@T-MinusMusic you’re welcome. Hope that helps.

1 Like

@djdash @slak_jaw you two are amazing! I will delve into this when I’m off
work. Thank you so so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again for all the help. My latest efforts:

I think I’m getting a little better, but not sure if it’s just me :stuck_out_tongue: Any feedback you can provide is super appreciated! Pls enjoy. :slight_smile: <3 TMM

1 Like

Another thing people overlook is levels, if the master limiter engaged and at what level it is set.
(I’m guessing that the bass on the files that cause your issues is causing a limiter to kick in and smash sound quality in your posted mix…or you’re “clipping” the master)
a limiter will play havoc with your audio output if you continue to drive level into it, so it’s often best to reduce the file gain with that knob on the mixer before you get into an treble/mid/bass equalization on the channels, and/or pushing the volume faders
This is what’s called “gain staging” so that your speaker system is performing comfortably within its limits most of the time, but it’s also applicable to the audio engine of djay too. once you’ve got the audio engine and the sound system aligned (what’s called “unity gain” meaning they’re working together as good friends and not against each other), you can just focus on the vibe of your mix so people can enjoy your music/skills.

I’m hoping these types of video tutorials are added to the resources section here now that @Slak_Jaw is part of the company.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.