Braking Speed Adjustment for Rane 12 Turntables on djay Pro

Hello Algoriddim Community,

I’m reaching out for some assistance with my Rane 12 turntables when used with djay Pro. I’ve noticed that when I press start on a record, it drags then picks up speed — unlike the experience I’ve had using Serato, where there’s an option to adjust the braking start time and stop time for quick or slow responses.

I’ve looked through djay Pro’s settings and haven’t found a similar option to adjust the braking speeds. This feature is essential for the type of transitions and performances I do, and I was wondering if anyone has found a workaround or knows whether this is a feature that might be hidden within the settings?

Any insights or help on how to adjust the braking speed on djay Pro for the Rane 12s would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi @SimpleSimon,

1. In djay Pro go to Settings>MIDI Devices and turn ON Instant Start Motorized Controllers
  2. Also, go to Settings>General and set the Start Time to 0.0 seconds and the Stop Time to whatever suits you.

Hi Slak_Jaw,

I just wanted to extend my sincere thanks for helping me resolve the braking issue with my Rane 12 turntables. Your guidance was spot on and incredibly appreciated. It’s support like yours that truly enhances the user experience. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

You’re welcome @SimpleSimon. Happy to help! Glad to hear that worked for you. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.