Browser prelisten wish: Continous Prelisten & Autoroute to stopped deck as 2ch external mix support

I would have this two wishes for improving prelisten function:

1. Continous Prelisten:
    Using my controller, its a little annoying that you have to press prelisten all time if you step to the next track in browser.

2. As i would use Djay with 2 ch external mixer i don’t see the way to route prelisten. In Virtual DJ it works very well. Prelisten goes to stopped deck, so i only need to activate Pfl on 2 ch external mixer.

Hi @arnou, thanks for the suggestions.

1. We already have an option in the djay Settings>Sound>PRE-CUEING> called Auto Select. This will automatically select the inactive deck for pre-cueing for you.
  2. To setup your External Mixer, open the djay Settings>Audio Device Setup> and set the Mixer Mode to External. From here you’ll be able to assign the Deck and Pre-Cueing to the available channels on your mixer.

Thanks, but im meaning a situation where you have an external mixer but only 2 channels, or you only have 2 stereo output channel sound cards, or you are going to an event where are no more than 2 channels available.

Since I have 2 stereo channel sound card, I can’t do this.
As I just tested the “auto select” in the sound settings, it only works in internal mode where is a fixed path to the headphone monitor. e.g. Out 3+4.

What I have in mind is a non-fixed path for prelisten.

E.g. You are in external mode and you have 2 stereo channel audio interface - Deck 1 (Ch1+2) and Deck 2 (Ch3+4)
When Deck 1 in the air for the crowd and Deck 2 stopped, prelisten automatically goes on Deck 2 (Ch3+4)
When Deck 2 in the air for the crowd and Deck 1 stopped, prelisten automatically goes on Deck 1 (Ch1+2)
Supposedly the stopped deck isn’t on the air, so you can use the the PFL of your external mixer. So you don’t necessarily need an additional channel.

We can call it Autoroute. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification @arnou. I’ve passed this onto the dev team for consideration.