Buffering while performing

What to do? When app starts buffering and how to stop that from happening?

@Mesha729 what streaming service are you using? If itā€™s Tidal, I suggest lowering the audio quality settings with djay.

1 Like

Yes its usually an internet issue.

Is there any tricks to stop the buffering

Yes. Faster internet connection, lower audio quality settings, or switch to Beatport/Beatsource Link Professional (it has an offline locker). Alternatively, you can purchase and download your music instead of streaming.

1 Like

I know weā€™ve all done it in an emergency, but if you are streaming constantly from Tidal you may have an issue eventually.

Point 4 from Tidalā€™s Terms states;

4. Restrictions Applicable to Your Use of the TIDAL Service.

The TIDAL Service shall be for private use only and use of the TIDAL Service in commercial or public settings is not permitted.

So, potentially they could block or restrict your access if they chose to do soā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

I have been using Tidal at events for about a year with no problems. I use M1 MacBook connected to my tablet as a hotspot as it has a 5g internet SIM card. Streaming services for DJing do not play nice on venue wifi. The advice from @Slak_Jaw is spot on. I hope this helps. Good luck!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using streaming services almost exclusively for my gigs for about 4 years now.

1. Of course I always make sure I have at least some backup MP3ā€™s stored on my device.
  2. When possible, I connect direct to the venue router with an Ethernet cable.
  3. I always have an internet backup via a hotspot on my phone.
  4. I also sometimes carry a portable cellular router with extender antenna. I actually used this several times for yacht parties with great success.
  5. Ultimately though, I decided to switch from Tidal to Beatport Link Professional because of the 1,000 track offline locker.
  6. Honestly, I havenā€™t purchased an MP3 for at least 2 years now and have fully embraced streaming.
2 Likes

Fantastic. I didnt consider a router extender. Can i ask what model you use? I currently use the hotspot function on a 5g galaxy tablet. I cant seem to find a booster that would increse the 5g signal to the device. Is there such a thing as a usb c aerial?

@SamJam I use a Netgear AC800S that I purchased 2 years ago, but Iā€™m sure there are better options available now. The big thing is to get an external antenna to improve the signal when in remote areas or where signal is poor. This is what I used for the yacht parties offshore.

Cool thanks. Yeah i will look into an ariel for the tablet for sure. It would be useful.

Youā€™re welcome @SamJam. Hope that works out for you. Please share what you end up getting here.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the terms and conditions, but as aggressively as the streaming integration in DJ products is advertised (also by Tidal itself), I think itā€™s questionable whether such a ban can really be enforced or what the ā€œoffenderā€ would have to expect in case of emergency.
Has there ever been a case where a provider like Tidal has taken action against commercial use in connection with DJ software?

1 Like

I donā€™t think that there would be an issue myself.

I think the Ts & Cs have to state the ā€˜no public performanceā€™ clause to appease some of the music studios / publishers.

Tidal says no, you canā€™t do it and theyā€™ve covered their own arses should a publisher or label kick off.

However, there is always the fact that itā€™s there in black and white, and potentially one day could be used against someone.

:+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.