Bypass sound card in Reloop Buddy

Hi guys

Looking to travel so need a very portable setup. Have purchased the reloop buddy to use with my iPad but seems sound card/quality is horrible on larger sound systems directly from controller RCA outs.

Is there a way to bypass the sound card on the controller with the use of a audio interface and if so how would it work connection wise?

Thanks in advance
. Ben

Check this out (especially later in the thread): Precueing using external USB sound cards

1 Like

Yes, you can connect the Reloop Buddy and a 2nd audio interface, but the setup will become non-travel-friendly. You’ll need to use multiple devices, multiple power supplies and different wires to get it working.

To connect the additional audio interface you’ll need:

• a powered USB Hub (to plug-in both the Reloop Buddy + audio interface)
  • an Apple Camera Connection USB adapter (for lightning port iPads)
    ** in addition you’ll need the assorted power supplies and cables to get it all working.
1 Like

Also check out the Ultraportable thread for ideas to keep your setup “travel-friendly”.

2 Likes

Hi Mike thanks for this

I still feel this will be more travel friendly than a larger controller.

Can you help me with connections?

iPad to reloop buddy

Then reloop buddy to audio interface (RCA outs on buddy)

Then interface to mixer/speakers

Is that correct?

Thanks

This video explains the basic setup using:

Note: Both the Reloop Buddy and audio interface should be plugged into the USB Hub.

2 Likes

Hey @Ben4 ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Community!

Massive S/O to @Mister_Tuur and @Michael_Wisniewski for being so helpful and sharing this precious info.

I am writing to confirm that we received your inquiry on the topic via email and will be getting back to you shortly. Wishing you a great day in the meantime!

Mike how would I cue up using this setup?

In Settings/Preferences > Audio Devices

• set Main Output to Channels 1-2 on your audio interface
  • set Pre-Cueing to Channels 3-4 in your audio interface

It’s straight forward in macOS. If you’re using iOS, the last audio device plugged in is what the system uses. So if you want to use the audio interface, plug it in after the Reloop Buddy.

Hi guys,

I’ve been using latest IPad Pro w/ Djay Pro + Mixtour + Audient ID44 (external sound card) all connected with usb-c powered hub for a while. I love the fact I can route to an external higher quality sound card (sorry no offence but the Mixtour one is pretty shit, as you might expect at that cost).

Anyway, I recently purchased a Reloop Buddy assuming I would be able to do the same thing but oh no, this has turned in to cable conundrum that’s been driving me crazy.

I have tried all variables with both the existing powered usb hi. I have been using for the Mixtour set up but also swapping that out with the apple usbc dongle adaptor.

Anyway, bottom line is I can only get the Reloop buddy working when I connect the iPad up to the Buddy’s usb-a to usb-c connector.

Obviously doing this forces me to use the onboard Buddy sound card and rca outs which for me is a total no-go and deal breaker.

Can anyone suggest any other options? It’s driving me nuts. :pray::pray::pray:

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hi Adam

I have the same setup. If you plug in your external soundcard after the reloop to the usb hub it should recognise in settings the soundcard as being the output.

I use a presonus c26

Hope that helps

Thanks mate.

Yeah I had to do the same thing with the Mixtour - in that djay only recognises the last sound card that is plugged in.

The issue I’m having is that the controller just doesn’t come alive unless I connect it straight into the iPad.

And just to make sure I’m not doing this wrong… I’m connecting the usb-b port into a power source. And for the usb-a I’m connecting that into the iPad Pro - is this correct?

If so, then as I mentioned the only way the buddy wakes up is by connecting directly to iPad and also vice versa - it’s the only way DJay is seeing Buddy. Using both apple’s usbc multi port adaptor doesn’t work (and I’ve got two and tried both without success) and also using my usb-c powered hub also nothing.

Any other ideas gratefully welcomed. I really want this thing to work but it’s gotta be with an external sound card.