Can I run Djay pro on Mac OS X Lion?

Hi,
I am new to this forum so bear with me if I ask stupid questions.
My wish is to upgrade a 2012 Macbook Air 13 inch running first edition of Djay, to Djay pro.
Problem is I am still running Lion and this is not supported officially.
What do you recommend me to do? Can I run Djay Pro and Lion even if it is not officially supported or do you recommend me to upgrade to El Capitan and run Djay Pro? How would that affect performance?

Thank you;
Daan

Hi Daan Herreman,

unfortunately djay Pro is supported with Mac OS X 10.9 and higher.

So you got two options, upgrading to El Capitan to use djay Pro

Or you could use djay 4 which is supported with 10.7.

I suggest you try out the djay 4 demo and if you feel like djay Pro would be the better choice, talk to the Apple Support about the performance of your Mac with El Capitan, or see if other djay users have experience with your hardware.

Please see http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/en/portal/articles/579419-how-to-purchase-djay-for-mac-

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Daan,

sounds great! djay Pro will take care of that. All you got to do is select Spotify as a media library and log into your Spotify premium account.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Lukas,

Thank you, I have upgraded to El Capitan in the mean time and it went like a charm :slight_smile: No issues whatsoever.

So now I can upgrade to Djay Pro, I have a Spotify premium account but how do I get Spotify on my Mac? Or does Djay pro take care of that?

Kind regards,

Daan

ok super thanks!

Djay Pro purchased and installed, I am a happy customer