Can I use my YouTube music library?

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

I have all my music on my YouTube subscription, can I use this rather than paying for Apple Music?

No, YouTube is not an option on any DJ software.

1 Like

Thanks @PKtheDJ, you are correct.

That’s too bad, I just bought a mixer and all my music is on YouTube!!! So I have to subscribe to Apple Music now?!

My advice would be to use a service that’s widely supported in other DJ software and hardware. Apple Music is not. That way, should you find yourself using another software or hardware device, you still have access.

Tidal, Beatport, Beatsource, SoundCloud…

BTW you can transfer playlists between services using TuneMyMusic.

there is also soundiiz.com to get cross-service portability

I use Tidal, Apple and Beatport. If you are wanting music for open format style then defo Tidal rather Apple. Sound quality and variety of edits remixes etc. it’s just better.

1 Like

Thank you, New to this, will look into Tidal, any other hints or suggestions I would love to hear. I was so disappointed after buying the machine to find out I couldn’t use YouTube music. I can just use that Music service. What other music streaming services can be used. I just see Apple Music mentioned.

Hi @Kevin_Pope, please refer to the linked FAQ article below for a list of streaming services currently supported by djay on the various operating systems.

You can turn each of the services On/Off via the “…” in the bottom left of the Library View.

1 Like