TIDAL stopping in djay

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question:

Dj pro stops playing with Tidal I’m having the same problem —tried adjusting the Tidal quality—no luck—I went to Beatsorce—no problem—but I like Tidal much better—not the cables —they load fully—Got the latest version of Tidal and Dj pro—I use Reloop buddy that’s made for Dj pro—Beat source works great —you can’t get full albums with beat source and it sucks finding songs—no phone app either— ain’t even transfer from a third party play list—Tidal is pissing me off first take away doing stems and now this—Can anyone please help—thanks

@Snareman I think this is your comment(?) Djay freezing during playing sets - #22 by Snareman

1 Like

More or less This is the first time I posted— Dj stops playing in Tidal only—Thanks

The software’s and hardware above is not me—I use a new IPad and a reloop Buddy

Qum —-Thanks for replying—any help would be appreciated

Qun. Sorry for the M

Only thing I can suggest is to move over to Apple Music,
It’s just as good as Tidal only a bit cheaper, Still no stems though.

Tidal does allow use of stem separation…

You’ve not given much info, but maybe you’re not subscribing to the DJ extension, so it’s only playing short clips.

You’re supposed to list your hardware and software. That’s why the template is provided.

1 Like

I’m using a top of the line new I pad and reloop Dj Buddy—I updated all the software

I have the Dj extension—where in this forum do you list my equipment? Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Snareman, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware firmware version:

Please ensure that you have the TIDAL Individual Plan plus the DJ Extension subscription.

Can you please also try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Thanks I believe Dj pro requires the latest version—I don’t think I can go back a version—also I have tune my music— Algoriddim is in contact but I haven’t tried contacting Tidal—any luck with contacting tidal support?—thanks again

iPad Pro 12.9-inch 6th generation
iPad OS Version—17.5.1
Tidal Version 2.123.0 build 6755
Reloop Buddy CID# CE2005170–the small inexpensive one—with algoriddim logo at the top right
I have the subscription with the DJ extension
I cannot do a video as It doesn’t happen on every song—but the songs are fully loaded with full waveform—the music play arrow in your software just freezes-I unplug the connection to reset
Like I said it doesn’t happen on every song but it sure does it enough to make using Tidal unreliable—bad enough that I bought Reloop buddy for your software working with Tidal—then the stem removal and now stems included again—but now this—very frustrating—I also used Tune my music to transfer Tidal to Tidal playlist in Dj pro software which it said It could do—and it did—please help as Beatsource has no problem working—But is nowhere near Tidals full album use instead just song catalog —pain in you know what—please help as this is unacceptable to work with—I have included a very detailed list of hardware and software —have you been receiving complaints about this same problem—is this a issue with the algorithm new software upgrade—Thanks—please reply

this can happen with my intel imac as well, but I’m attributing it to network problems that we’ve been working on resolving with our venue’s network/internet connection. I’m inclined to believe that the djay instance needs to be segmented on the network from everything else in a vLAN so it has some priority for getting the data it needs.
there also might be some sort of buffering necessary or a cache that needs emptying…

Hi @Snareman, what version of djay are you using? If you are not on 5.2.1, please update.

1. Please log out of TIDAL from within the djay app.
  2. Log out of any TIDAL apps or browsers on your device.
  3. Close djay and follow the procedure linked below to perform a Forced Restart of your iOS device:
    a. iPhone: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
    b. iPad: Force restart iPad - Apple Support
  4. After rebooting, launch only djay and only log into TIDAL within djay. Please test and confirm if this solves your issue or not.

Hello! It’s been more than 7 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

I can confirm a very similar issue with version 5.2.1 on Sonoma 14.6. For me, if I am playing a tidal track and use the needle search to jump, playback will sometimes freeze. When this happens, the deck will occasionally become unresponsive (impossible to load another song onto it).

Hi @Fangio,

1. In the djay Settings->Library->TIDAL->Quality: what do you have this set to?
  2. How fast is your internet connection?