Can’t play full tidal songs

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): iPhone 15 pro max
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): 17.6.2
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2.2
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8
    Pro)
    : just iPhone

Summary of the issue:.all tidal tracks only play for 20 seconds or so. I’ve reset my device, logged in and out of Tidal and updated to latest iOS.

How to reproduce the issue:
Load tidal track can’t play full song or really really slowly loads song.

It looks as if the track hasn’t fully cached yet (the scrolling waveform is still drawing/not finished). Have you tried waiting a little longer before trying to play? Have you checked your internet/wifi speed?

Also try logging out of Tidal and logging back in

2 Likes

Tried those things. Seems to be extraordinarily slow analysing.

1 Like

I don’t use Tidal any more, but it could be a restriction at their end, designed to prevent what they consider “misuse” i.e. loading too many tracks too quickly.

I know that VDJ slowed down track scanning with streamed tracks, so rather than scan multiple tracks in seconds, it scans one track then waits 30s before it scans the next one.

Hi @Dysfunk_DJ, please share a speed test from your device. From the video it looks like you are on 4G with a pretty low signal strength. Can you please try connecting to a reliable WiFi connection to see if that solves the issue? Also please confirm that you have the an active TIDAL Individual Plan with DJ Extension subscription.

EDIT: in the djay Settings>Library>TIDAL>Quality what setting are you using? I recommend keeping this on Normal, especially if you are using cellular.

You could also try loading and playing songs from the djay Music streaming source to see if they are loading slowly as well. This might help confirm if it’s your connection or something specific to TIDAL.

1 Like

I tried with both house WiFi 175 down speed and iPhone WiFi. Still really slow, more slow than normal. I just left my djay on my iPad for few hours to work through playlist of 375 tracks. It is what is but it’s slow.

Thanks for the update. What Quality setting are you using?

I just analyzed a 100 TIDAL tracks on Normal Quality settings in about 4 minutes with only a 55Mbps internet connection. Perhaps there’s something else running on your devices in the background, like an iCloud backup, that’s hindering performance. Please close djay and follow the procedure linked below to perform a Forced Restart of your iOS device:

1. iPhone: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. iPad: Force restart iPad - Apple Support
1 Like

Think I’ve worked it out, I installed some software onto my devices and tidal doesn’t seem to like it. Apple Music and Djay streaming tracks all load really quickly but Tidal not. As you can see my fibre is pretty quick.

2 Likes

Please name the software, so if others run into the issue, they know why.

1 Like