Can we have an option to not mirror cue and play buttons

I like the option to change cue/jump buttons to a CUE button, great, more like most controllers BUT when Play and Cue are side by side Play button should ALWAYS be on the right of the cue button.

You build a muscle memory hitting play-cue-play-cue-play.

Seeing them the wrong way round on the left deck on the screen just feels weird!

Photos of various controllers compared to software below for examples…

2 Likes

Feels like getting in a car and someone has swapped the accelerator and brake around. Very weird.

2 Likes

Think you’ll need to take that up with Hercules dude, this forum is for the software

Read the post, the pictures of the controllers are just examples to show the play button should always be to the right of the cue button… Except in the software (last pic) on the left deck it isn’t!

Sorry I did miss read it

Hi @Tony_Jey,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I can definitely see where you’re coming from and I will gladly pass this feedback along to our developers so that they can take a better look at this feature request from your point of view.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Bumping topic before a year expires.

Option needed in software to swap position of PLAY button and CUE buttons on left deck so PLAY button is on the RIGHT on both decks as it is on many controllers.

4 Likes

yep this would make sense, and add to the “pro” in AI pro.

1 Like

Hi @Tony_Jey,

Thanks for bumping this topic once more.

I apologize that we don’t have an update for you all regarding this feature request but we will make sure to pass it along to our dev team once more for continued review.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Thanks. Do please point out that there’s not a single controller (that I can think of, anyway) that puts the play button to the left of the cue. It’s very strange.

1 Like

+1 on disabling the mirror layout of the transport buttons.
I have seen only one symmetrical controller but it was a prototype; the Vestax TR-1 concept. Actual production of the TR-1 had an inverted layout, very weird. But the build construction and materials used surpass the plastic garbage of today.

2 Likes

Okay, while we’re at it, it might be an idea to make a mirrored layout optional altogether. It never really bothered me with the software, because the muscle memory works there too, but if the topic might be touched at some point anyway… :wink:

Did we ever get anywhere on this?

I use a controller so the play button on both decks is always to the right of the cue button (which works for the muscle memory between index and middle finger, hitting right-left, right-left, right-left), but would still be nice to have the software layout do that on both decks too.

No, the software is the wrong way round.

1 Like

:joy: before a year expires!! It’s always the same, extremely hard work getting anything straightened out.
It seems like such a simple thing to fix yet…

1 Like

Exactly. Even if they don’t want to change it permanently for everyone just give us a switch in settings so we can choose to have the software look the same as a controller if we want to.