Cancelling a Loop without starting it?

Hi,

pioneer controller has buttons for Loop In, Out and others. I can’t find a command in the MIDI configuration list to cancel once I startet creating a loop. Either the commands forces the music to jump back in time to the LoopIn point (no!!). Or the visual loop gets created forever (see picture).
I tried:

• Loop Off, In/Out or ReLoop always jump into the loop In point - I do not want that, I want do cancel.
  • Delete Cue Point does let the music continue, yet the bright visual loop gets created till the end of the song.
  • Saved Loop1 Active does let the music continue and stops creating the visual loop - but this isn’t a appropriate command for me.

I know the problem. When in doubt, I just let the loop run once or twice, then it’s often not noticeable.

Hi @Chris_R
In a musical 8 bars phrase, starting accidentally the loop at bar 2 (and not 1) the cut within the melody makes it audible for everyone :frowning:

That’s why I wrote “often”. Sometimes it works differently, but fortunately it doesn’t happen that often, does it? :wink:

Yes, it does. Trying new tracks, preparing stuff - happens all the time to me. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother time from people here in the Forum :wink:

@SirHannes the best method I could find for this is the Loop Out/Off command. In my testing, I was able to press this twice quickly to end and cancel the loop before it relooped. It might also help to have Slip enabled.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.