Can't search External Drive in DJay Pro for Mac

I am just trying the demo for DJay Pro for Mac with a view to purchasing it, but I can’t get the search function to see anything on my External Drive (which where all of music is stored). I can add a folder from the drive, but none of the tracks show up in a search. If I copy the same folder to my Mac and then add it, it shows up in the search. Please tell me this can be fixed? I’m not paying nearly £50 to not be a able to search on an external!

Hi there,

thank you Stuart.
Be assured we are working on the issue and will provide a solution soon.
I will keep you posted.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Hi guys,

I am sorry for the belated reply.

At the moment some hard drive formats are not accessible via the djay search.

We are investigating the problem.

Can you please share the format your hard drives are in?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I did a bit of testing, and it appears that the issue occurs with an NTFS formatted drive, but works with a FAT32 one. Now I know that I have a Paragon NTFS driver installed on my Mac to read and write to an NTFS drive, but this doesn’t seem to make any difference. I know the driver works though, as the drive will read and write perfectly well in Virtual DJ.

This has still not been fixed.

Lukas I told you a year ago that it is with NTFS drives, I even posted videos showing the problem on another thread, so the engineers should have been aware of this for a long time. I have given up waiting and now use alternative software.

I would like also to use the search on an external hdd

Has this been fixed yet? I am also having this problem.

Hi Lukas,

Is there any update to this?

I still can search my external drive.

Still no reply?

Thinking of doing the same Stuart.

I am not happy that I’ve paid £50 for this and I can’t even search for music that I’ve purchased.

I’m now having to use the original Djay Pro so I can search my hard drive!

Lukas, please make this a priority. We really need this feature.

searching on external hard drives is getting even more important, not being able to remove the internals and all (I still can on mine, but keep duplicate music databases on external and don’t won’t to have to redo the internal for no reason) also what good is it to be able to add external on the fly if you can not search it?

NTFS. it is the easiest way to share files on all drives (especially large files and be able to re-lable them) for both mac and windows. and now with apple on their own again it is hard to even use a mac any more. the ntfs allows networked also so the system does not need to be hooked up with cords. been using that for years. if i need can move out great advantage sometimes. (also speakers hooked up on closed internet loop that can be balanced easily. so no need to have the music on the internal drive and cramped.
also noticing windows version uses itunes? don’t even use that on my mac.
how do i get the windows/mac not to look for itunes. and do playlists in windows without itunes?

so i have figured a workaround for the moment (for mac on the same operating system-not tried on the windows yet-), not pretty, but… making a folder in music and copy iTunes there and, cloning the iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Library.xml and importing music and making read only ect…, using the networked storage to store the music files, so i . do not have to re install them ever show. if anyone wants more info get back to me. and if any one whats to know why, i can tell you about itunes writing over files and loosing music (having to rebuild muli-tb music libraries, more that once