Can't see "Beat detection: BPM changes are now visualized on the waveforms"

• Device model: Ipad Pro 12.9, 5th Gen 512GB (M1)
  • Version of operating system: 17.6.1
  • Version of djay: 5.2.4
  • Hardware/controllers used: Hercules DJControl MIX with powerbank

Thank you for the update! Always appreciate it!

I got question about “Beat detection: BPM changes are now visualized on the waveforms, can be adjusted in Settings > Appearance”

I got this song here: https://open.spotify.com/track/5H6jmLrC4elZkwDNLkw36Z?si=bc6d84a54fd44355

The start is 82.9 BPM
then @ 01:19 it changes to 92.1BPM.

I don’t see any differences or virtual cue about the change of BPM.
Do you have any screenshot what it would look like please?

I have re-analyse the track(s)

1 Like

Hi PoyTB,

I agree.
For most of the tracks with BPM changes I don’t see the Visualized-BPM-Change-Markers, but I did now manage to get them once for a certain track.

(At first I thought I had to re-analyse, but it became clear afterwards that wasn’t even needed.)

It looks like this.

But for other tracks with significant changes (Like: ‘Come On Eileen’ from Dexys Midnight Runners) the markers don’t become visible.

I also made this video about it:

1 Like

Oh that is really coooooool!
Thanks for sharing the screenshot man.

In the future updates will probably fixed these songs then :grin:

Yes, hopefully they can. But on the other hand I think is more easy for them to detect and label the songs which have at a certain point a fixed block with a sudden tempo change and then afterwards goes back to the original tempo
vs. a song where tempo changes are more gradually over a longer tempo (such a Come on Eileen).

But hopefully DJay is also able to solve and handle that.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @PoyTB and @DJ_Big_Blender. I have passed this onto the dev team.

Hi @PoyTB and @DJ_Big_Blender, this is expected behaviour. We don’t visualize changes on strongly fluctuating tracks because they have too many and it doesn’t add much useful information. Essentially what we visualize are the following scenarios:

1. BPM sections; i.e. tracks with multiple different prevalent BPMs like Bad Guy by Billie Eilish
  2. Deviations from the grid/bpm in tracks that are otherwise mostly straight/single BPM (essentially visualizing potential errors)

In the case of this particular track, it’s the fact that it has a single prevalent BPM around 92.1 (the 82 in the beginning is just a deviation from it and not a separate bpm section) and strongly fluctuates so we avoid visualizing all together. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for explanation mate.

1 Like

You’re welcome @PoyTB