Change the name of the App Store subscription (for accessibility)

Can we change the name of the App Store subscription on iOS and macOS? It makes sense when looking at it in an app context but is confusing outside of it.

Point in case: I just got an email from Apple informing me that my subscription “Alle PRO-Features freischalten (1 Jahr)” (English: “Full access to PRO (1 year)”) will be prolonged soon. The email also shows the djay app icon but does not state the name of the app (plus the icon does not seem to have an alt text, breaking accessibility standards).

Hi @djjoejoe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve passed this on to our development team to look into how we might change things to make it more clear.

I’d like to point out that in the case of the email you shared, as this is an email from Apple directly, it would be up to them to change it in some of the ways you mentioned (e.g., alt text on the icon, stating the name of the app, etc.). We’ll see what we can do from our side, but you may consider reaching out to them as well with your feedback.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.