Constant crashing on PC

• Acer Aspire A515-43*:
  • Windows 11 version 10.0.22631*:
  • Version 5.2.9761.0*:

I’m trying to add end timings to my songs so they can blend well with automix for a party tomorrow but djay keeps crashing. It will jump to a random part of the song but not play anything. The plat button will have the green outline as it’s still playing. If I click the song to try and get it to start from the beginning again it just infinitely loads. The only way to get it to play something again is closing it down and reopening.

I checked store for updates but it isn’t showing any available, I’ve tried restarting my laptop, I don’t have any intensive background processes running and my WiFi connection is full bars.

I’ve never had this issue in the past and even just letting the music play it seems to eventually crash. I don’t know what I can do to fix it.

It is generally difficult to trace such problems and fix them accordingly unless several users report using Windows in exactly the same configuratio - and that is naturally not very likely.
Of course, this could be due to DJay Pro, but it could also be due to your individual Windows installation, your hardware or some service running in the background.
I guess that’s where I would start first. Try closing all services that are not absolutely necessary - maybe that will help.

Hi @AlexT1995, sorry to hear you’re experiencing crashes. I suggest that you backup your djay Media Library database and any custom MIDI mappings, then uninstall djay, reboot your device, and reinstall the latest version of djay. You can find the files above in the following locations:

1. iOS: using the Files App, navigate to Locations->On My iPhone/iPad->djay->User Data
  2. macOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-playlists-cue-points-and-other-data-on-my-Mac
  3. Windows: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912131-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-cue-points-and-other-metadata
  4. Copy the files to a new location or external drive before uninstalling djay. After reinstallation, you can simply copy these files back to their original locations to maintain your Hot Cues, Saved Loops, My Collection Playlists, History and Queue.

If this doesn’t solve your issue, can you please try to capture a video of it, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi again @AlexT1995, I also recommend that you check out this article for optimizing your laptop for DJing:

Hello! It’s been more than 7 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!